PDA

View Full Version : Golf 4 Tdi 130 Starting / Cut out problems

WinstonW
29-03-2007, 04:44 PM
I have an 02 plated Golf Tdi that has developed a cut out and starting problem.

I have read through the forum and found some interesting information which i have taken on board but my problem still persists.

The car starts normally and can run fine or alternatively it can cut out either when driving or when trying to start it there seems to be no pattern to it.

Fortunatley for me my Dad is a retired mechanic and he is pretty savvy on most things but we need a little guidance. Please HELP !

Okay what i have done:-

1. Initally replaced the fuel pump in tank.

2. Replaced the infamous 109 Relay and checked the feed to 109 during recreation of the stalling and cut out - All okay

3. Been on VAG diags x 2 - Temp sensor fault - REPLACED (with green sensor)

Checked Feeds (two wires) to the fuel pump on a volt meter and tester - 12v when operating okay, Lost Live to pump engine runs like its lacking fuel and then cuts out.

I am guessing that this is where the fault lies - the electrical feed to the Fuel pump. What i need some help with is what is at the other end of this
feed so i can test further up.

Your help is really appreciated.

WinstonW
30-03-2007, 11:37 PM
I have had some further developments :-

The fuel lift pump (one under the seat) has four wires to it of those two are

live (12v)
earth

On ignition the live wire intermittently loses the 12v this is when the car will cut out.

Does anyone please have have any information regarding the other end of this wire:-

Where does it end up
Is there a realy i should change or investigate
Any further ideas

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WinstonW
03-04-2007, 10:53 PM
May i thank you all for your help.:confused: I have ressolved the fault.

Eshrules
04-04-2007, 08:26 AM
May i thank you all for your help.:confused: I have ressolved the fault.

any chance of a brief explanation as to how mate... just helps if other members find this thread in the hope of solving their problems :D

crossy
16-12-2007, 10:43 PM
hi i think i have the same prolem with my tdi 130, what cured the fault? i'm on the verge of ordering a new lift pump