PDA

View Full Version : A6 ABS pump problem?

A6 John
29-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi

New on this forum looking for advice. I recently took my A6 in to my local non Audi garage for it's annual MOT. After parting with £200 for the MOT a new CV gator cover & a new switch for the fog lights I drove the car home. When I approached the 1st junction I braked and got a really annoying sprining noise along with vibration from the brake pedal all at very low speed, when the car comes to a stop it seems to pull to the left.

I asked the garage about this and they say it's the ABS pump, however it should clear itself. A week on and it's still the same, are the garage covering up a mistake they have made? They say they put it on the computer and eveything checked out no warning lights on the dash etc. My other concern is is this dangerous? as I have 2 small children.

Please help!!

Thanks

John

buster
29-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi

New on this forum looking for advice. I recently took my A6 in to my local non Audi garage for it's annual MOT. After parting with £200 for the MOT a new CV gator cover & a new switch for the fog lights I drove the car home. When I approached the 1st junction I braked and got a really annoying sprining noise along with vibration from the brake pedal all at very low speed, when the car comes to a stop it seems to pull to the left.

I asked the garage about this and they say it's the ABS pump, however it should clear itself. A week on and it's still the same, are the garage covering up a mistake they have made? They say they put it on the computer and eveything checked out no warning lights on the dash etc. My other concern is is this dangerous? as I have 2 small children.

Please help!!

Thanks

John

Pulling to one side and making ABS nosies/actions, I should say its dangerous. Get it to a garage quick, or better still, get them out to you.

Are you a member of a breakdown company?

Niall76
29-03-2007, 08:08 PM
sounds like they made an **** of something when they did the cv gator.

Take it back and make them fix it.

lozcs
09-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I've just had my ABS ECU back from being repaired and my A6 is doing the same...

Did you find out what was wrong with yours John?

jhlouis
19-04-2008, 04:41 PM
you need to clean your abs speed sensors (one each wheel). Very easy thing to do and costs nothing if you do it yourself. They just pull out and you clean with some favorite stuff like krake parts cleaner. Easy to tell where they are since its the only electric wire going to the wheel.

a8 tech
19-04-2008, 04:59 PM
sounds like the abs sensor or the ring gear on the cv joint has been damaged,also the wiring may have been damaged at the time of repair.