PDA

View Full Version : No power at all

spikymatty
09-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi all,

Ive got a standard 150bhp leon cupra.
When i start the car up and rev it it seems ok but when i set off it only gets to around 2000 revs and it stuggles to get to that and then theres nothing else. No power at all. Change to second and its the same thing, around 2000 revs then thats it. No acceleration at all. I'm gutted. Changed to third and i thought i was going to stop:( Please guys give me some help as to whats going on with my motor. Its a 53 plate and its done 53000 miles.

:1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

paul b
10-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Hi all,

Ive got a standard 150bhp leon cupra.
When i start the car up and rev it it seems ok but when i set off it only gets to around 2000 revs and it stuggles to get to that and then theres nothing else. No power at all. Change to second and its the same thing, around 2000 revs then thats it. No acceleration at all. I'm gutted. Changed to third and i thought i was going to stop:( Please guys give me some help as to whats going on with my motor. Its a 53 plate and its done 53000 miles.

:1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:
To be honest with you, it could be a number of things, and it would be best to get a diagnostic scan first before I suggest anything that may end up being incorrect.

But one thing you can check, is the intercooler pipe. I'm not familiar with the Leon but ensure the big, fat pipe that runs towards the front of the car from the EGR (one end goes into the intercooler, the other to the EGR) is not loose.

Also, drop a post in the VAG-COM user locations thread, you could take the car to somebody who would be interested in scanning it for beer tokens. ;)

spikymatty
10-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Cheers Paul

You were right
It was the large pipe that had nearly come off. One of the clips holding it on had worn away.

Many thanks for your help:notworthy: :You_Rock_:

Mat

paul b
10-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Cheers Paul

You were right
It was the large pipe that had nearly come off. One of the clips holding it on had worn away.

Many thanks for your help:notworthy: :You_Rock_:

Mat
T'is what forums are for, no problem Mat. :beerchug: