PDA

View Full Version : CHIPPED UK ST3 or BLUEFIN

RUSSGT
09-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

Greetings from downunder in Australia, My name is Russ, I own a 2008 GOLF GT TDI (170bhp / 125kw engine) I was just wondering if anyone on here has done the ST3 or Bluefin remap on one of these engines yet ? If so, do you happen to know if they've worked out a fix for the flash counter issue yet ? I understand from what I've been able to find, that Chipped UK have a fix for the (140bhp / 103 kw TDI model) and the flash counter can now be reset to zero. I have emailed ChippedUK direct but so far have not had a reply on the flash counter reset fix for the ( GT TDI 170hp). Superchips and the Bluefin device apparently don't have a fix for it as yet, but I have been very impressed with their communication and response to emails and I am still considering going with the Bluefin tune on the customer service basis alone. I know this question has been asked before but it appears that not too many people have remapped the TDI (170hp) so it makes it very difficult to get a comparison between the 2 tunes. Any opinions on the good and the bad of either tune would be greatly appreciated in helping me to decide which way to go :confused:

Thanks
Cheers :beerchug:
Russ

shaft-50
09-05-2009, 07:15 PM
As above try them. I have recently decided on a remap on my gti and after several searches enqs and questions between single remap, bluefin and the new st3 i have decided on the st3 which seems so much better, user friendly and cheaper. plus you can have two modes instead of the standard one (bluefin).

Hope you manage to sort the problem.

Aptuning
10-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Hi there, I'm Darren from APTuning and I'm also dealer for ChippedUK. the blufin is a good unit but the ST3 is far better as you get 2 modified maps with it +original. 3 years warranty and should you change vehicle you can take the ST3 with you to your next car (as long as it is covered in the vehicle applications list).
I also believe that ChippedUK have a dealer in Oz who will be able to help you out.
If you maybe try calling ChippedUK (allowing for time differences) they will be able to sort things out for you. :biglaugh:

RUSSGT
10-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi Darren,
I have already been in contact with the OZ agent for CUK. I'm pretty much sold on the ST3 remap, going off the feedback from most of the people who have it on their cars, but I'm afraid at present, IMHO, CUK need to work on their communications a bit if they want sales of the device to continue to flourish. It doesn't, or at least it shouldn't, be that much effort to reply to an email and if this is the sort of response I'm getting now, it doesn't exactly instill my confidence in what to expect from the after sales service. I understand they are working on a fix for the flash counter issue on the GT TDI (170 PS / 125kw engine) once this is resolved I will more than likely place my order, but from what I've read on different forums it's been a long time coming.

PS Thanks to everyone for their replies :)

Cheers
Russ

Aptuning
12-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I have spoke to ChiipedUK yesterday about your email to them and they have checked their email and found no email from you, which means that it could have possibly gone into their spam box and been deleted. On behalf of ChippedUK I offer my apologies and if they haven't been in touch yet then please drop them another call or email and say that you have spoken to darren from APTuning and I'm sure they will help you out.

RUSSGT
12-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I have spoke to ChiipedUK yesterday about your email to them and they have checked their email and found no email from you, which means that it could have possibly gone into their spam box and been deleted. On behalf of ChippedUK I offer my apologies and if they haven't been in touch yet then please drop them another call or email and say that you have spoken to darren from APTuning and I'm sure they will help you out.

Hi Darren,

I have received a reply from them thanks. I'm just waiting now for them to notify me of the flash counter fix for the 170ps TDI. Once they have that issue worked out I will probably place an order for the ST3 remap. Thanks for your help :beerchug:

Russ

Aptuning
12-05-2009, 01:04 PM
No worries and glad to have been of assistance. Although I (APTuning) am only a dealer for ChippedUK I do try to help out as and when I can.n:biglaugh:

RUSSGT
12-05-2009, 02:01 PM
No worries and glad to have been of assistance. Although I (APTuning) am only a dealer for ChippedUK I do try to help out as and when I can.n:biglaugh:

HI Darren,

Simon from Chipped UK has just sent me an email regarding my enquiry. I have emailed the OZ agent and asked if there was any news on the fix for the flash counter issue with the 170ps ECU and apparently they are waiting for Alientech in Italy to sort it out. Just wanted to ask you, if I may, how much would the ST3 unit be to purchase from you in the UK including shipping to Australia. PM me with a quote if you could please.

Thanks again

Regards
Russ

RUSSGT
16-05-2009, 01:26 AM
OK, so I have ordered and paid for the ChippedUK ST3 and it should arrive here in OZ in around a week I'm told http://uk-mkivs.net/emoticons/emotion-1.gif
Special thanks to Darren Lintorn from APTuning for his quick response to my post and in answering all my questions quickly and clearly. This, along with the way in which he conducts business, was all I needed to finalise my decision to go with the ST3. I would personally recommend him to anyone who appreciates excellent communication, product knowledge and wants a professional approach to dealing. You can contact him via email @ the address below -
aptuning@live.com

Thanks again Darren http://uk-mkivs.net/emoticons/emotion-22.gif

Russ

Aptuning
16-05-2009, 07:39 PM
It was my pleasure Russle, keep me updated on the arrival of the ST3 so I know it gets there safe and sound.

RUSSGT
16-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Shall do, Thanks again

Cheers
Russell

Aptuning
20-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Hi there Russ, Just wondering if you have received your ST3 handset yet?

RUSSGT
20-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Hi there Russ, Just wondering if you have received your ST3 handset yet?

Hey Darren,

Not yet, hopefully by the end of this week if not early next week.

Russ

Aptuning
20-05-2009, 10:56 PM
I hope it comes soon for you Russ.

RUSSGT
02-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Well after much ado the ST3 unit arrived to me here in OZ and I have just installed the fast road map onto the car. My first impressions are that the car seems to start easier and sounds much freer than before. I only have just over 12000 kms (approx. 7,500 miles) up on mine and it was still feeling very tight and slightly restricted prior to the remap. I took it for a drive this afternoon around 150 kms return and it drives beautifully. It is so much more refined than before and any hesitation it had in the low rev range has all but gone which just makes it so much more pleasureable to drive. It now revs out freely in all gears and appears to have lost some of the raw grunty feel (not power it has even more of that :approve: ) but in a good way. Backing off in gears at low revs used to be a bit jerky but that is a thing of the past and it's as smooth as silk now. I, like many others I'm sure, have been toying with the idea of remapping for some time now and I can honestly say I wish I'd done this long ago because it has turned what was great car to drive into an absolute delight. Anyone considering the upgrade, don't hesitate because you don't know what you're missing. Once again I have to give a huge thanks to Darren from APTuning, I have had a few issues with ChippedUK (email contact problems) which I believe they are working to overcome, but without Darren's assistance I doubt I'd be up and running yet and nothing has been too much trouble for him. I would highly recommend his services to anyone considering the upgrade, contact Darren via the link here - aptuning@live.com (aptuning@live.com) Cheers mate :beerchug:

Russ