PDA

View Full Version : German Prices for Scirocco

maisbitt
08-05-2009, 04:27 PM
I look on VW's German website from time to time - there's more technical info, and it tells you about all the new stuff they're getting before us...

Most VW's (especially the Golf and Polo) are much cheaper there than here, generally they pay the same amount in Euros as we do in Pounds for the same car (used to be quite a difference when there was 1.45 Euros to the Pound).

Just specced a Scirocco up to a standard GT TDI, and it is 28300 Euros. They have just one trim level - "Sport" and to get it to UK GT trim spec, you need to pay for the Interlagos wheels, the high-line computer, the multifunction steering wheel, the ACC system, the 510 CD unit and the 2zone climate control.

I can't believe that the Germans are now paying more than us for their cars!

Col
08-05-2009, 05:08 PM
I think that is why the rest of the world refer to us as the "Treasure Isles" as we are easy to rip off !

yellowplum
12-09-2009, 10:36 AM
I look on VW's German website from time to time - there's more technical info, and it tells you about all the new stuff they're getting before us...

Most VW's (especially the Golf and Polo) are much cheaper there than here, generally they pay the same amount in Euros as we do in Pounds for the same car (used to be quite a difference when there was 1.45 Euros to the Pound).

Just specced a Scirocco up to a standard GT TDI, and it is 28300 Euros. They have just one trim level - "Sport" and to get it to UK GT trim spec, you need to pay for the Interlagos wheels, the high-line computer, the multifunction steering wheel, the ACC system, the 510 CD unit and the 2zone climate control.

I can't believe that the Germans are now paying more than us for their cars!

I have to agree that when I looked at that and BMWs site I noticed the same that the car actually cost more in Germany than here. Although one disappointing factor is that you do get more options on the car in Germany than in the UK - like suede interior etc.

mordred1973
18-10-2009, 02:26 PM
the joys of exchange rates....technically I think you'll find our German neighbours are paying the same as they were before, just the exhcnage rate from the UK made it cheap to us....now makes it expensive to us...

its a problem we have at work as we buy lots of thing centrally and charge out internally to countries all over the world, so their prices change each year on exchange rates