PDA

View Full Version : A6 2.5 TDI diesel fuel pump problems

acetaylor
29-03-2007, 10:24 AM
:1zhelp: i am trying to locate a diesel pump for my 1996 2.5 TDI (85kw, AAT, 5 Cyl) but am having real problems.

a new bosch pump is far to much money (approx. £1000!! all inc.) and a chinese copy is poor build quality.

even reconditioning the old pump could cost an arm and a leg (£300-£550)

Anyone out there got any ideas where a used one could be found??
The part number is (Bosch 0 460 415 994).

cheers

½cwt
29-03-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm afraid diesel pumps are expensive which everway you look at it. They are a pretty precise bit of high pressure hydraulic engineering and from my brief experience of working with them in a test environment make a hell of a mess if they do break.
I would recommend is a good Bosch diesel repair agent in you area and take a deep breath as you open the wallet. The other option is salvage yards but decent ones usually know what they've got so will charge accordingly....

acetaylor
30-03-2007, 04:07 PM
am going to send pump to 'Deisel Bob' in the midlands for a quote on repair cost, seems like a good place.

massive saving compared to new price.

thanks for help everybody

Cheers

Raja
03-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Hi
i have audi A6 2.5 TDI 1999 and same problem fuel injection pump is it anyone know from where i can recon or get one.
thanks

acetaylor
08-05-2007, 10:10 AM
hi

i have a fully recond fuel pump for my audi and i want to sell it.
if you can send me the part number and engine type (mine is AAT).

they are v hard to track down as a used part (took me two months, looking everyday) and expensive to get brand new (£1000+) or even reconditioned (£400+)

hope this is some help

Raja
08-05-2007, 12:29 PM
hi my engine code is AFB.

acetaylor
08-05-2007, 01:42 PM
sounds like the wrong pump for your engine type.

can you give me the fuel pumps audi part number (or bosch part number)
and i will have a final check.

The best place to get your exsisting pump reconditioned that i have found is called 'Diesel Bob'. google it and you'll find a contact number there. i found them very helpful.

failing this you could call 'Lucas Parts' for a quote on a brand new pump.

Good luck