PDA

View Full Version : Car Buying

mallymclane
08-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Car buying, it's such an anti climax... :(

You walk around the showroom, seeing all these pretty cars, test drive a few, read the brochures, and finally order the one in the colour you want and the spec you want and then....

...you wait a few months! if only it were instant :(

kodkod.84
08-05-2009, 09:26 AM
I thought the waiting was all part of the excitement of getting a new car- only had one before a B7 A4 Avant 1.9TDI and I was bundled into a Freelander (joy! :o) for 3 months whilst it was built.

mallymclane
08-05-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm impatient though :(

We have to return our leased A3 before the A4 arrives, which means all we'll have for a month or so is a toyota yaris 1.3 ;-(

mkc
08-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Waiting is part of the fun.........if you got it straight away you would be bored after a few months...so you may aswell delay that feeling by getting excited and waiting for it.......and then get annoyed with people putting dents in your doors at the shopping mall, giving the car to your Mrs so she can chip your alloys and park it under a tree that drops sap on it and now wont come off, scratching the bottom of the car on your drive, having the wing mirror scratched by a git in a Landrover, telling the mrs not to give food to the kids in the back but she does anyway, wishing you delayed the order so when Audi revise the spec you could get more for your money and save money on C02 with the cleaner engines, reversing into car park barriers because I cant drive and then spend the rest of your working day on Petrolheads looking at used RS4 and S6s for the money Im spending on my A4 1.8

You want to delay the above as much as possible so waiting for a few months and getting excited is worthwhile!

Jop
08-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Ohhhh.. a Yaris, how exciting.
What car/spec have you ordered??

@ MKC :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

robtt09
08-05-2009, 07:54 PM
What gets me is I order a £4.00 sd card from Amazon and I can track its delivery.Not on an Audi you can't! Or for that matter any orher car maker I believe.They miss a trick really as they could give you a countdown to the point where the spec cannot be changer and make some extra bucks from that last minute extra!PS mine delivered today here is a pic!Yours will not be long and enjoy it