PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 xeon Headlamp Adjustment for trip to europe

ricc
29-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi, I have a A3 with the xeon headlights, I'm off for on a trip to europe soon and have been told that I cannot use the stick on type but have to take my car to the main dealer who will charge me £110 + vat to switch them for use in europe.... is this true???? :confused:

is there another way?????

Thanks

Eshrules
29-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Hi, I have a A3 with the xeon headlights, I'm off for on a trip to europe soon and have been told that I cannot use the stick on type but have to take my car to the main dealer who will charge me £110 + vat to switch them for use in europe.... is this true???? :confused:

Thanks

what age is your car mate?

ricc
29-03-2007, 10:38 AM
what age is your car mate?

Hi, its a 53 reg

Eshrules
29-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi, its a 53 reg

im sure i read on here somewhere that the newer audis require main dealer to alter the xenons, let me do some research....

WillS
29-03-2007, 02:34 PM

I believe it is true.. :aargh4: I had no idea it was that expensive though.

The only other way is to not to use the headlights, with the longer nights it may just be possible!

RickT
29-03-2007, 07:43 PM
take some headlight stickers with you... Only cost about £3 - set your headlighs down on to the lowest posistion and drive...

I didnt bother with the headlight refectlors while i was there.. Just had them incase i got pulled...

HOWEVER... on some of the HID audi units, there is a lever which you move to adjust in across..

The problem you have if you get Audi to do it is that you have to drive XX amount of miles on UK roads blinding us UK motorists until you get to the port rather than binlding the french..

I will do some digging and see what i can find..

RickT

Froggy
30-03-2007, 10:47 AM
take some headlight stickers with you... Only cost about £3 - set your headlighs down on to the lowest posistion and drive...

This is not possible with Xenon's - they are self levelling.

I'm sure I have read somewhere about adjusting these yourself, however it means removing the light enclosures completely, and then fiddling with things...

I'll see if I can find the info...

(Had this problem on my S3, and current A4 - not found the easy solution yet) :Blush2: