PDA

View Full Version : coupe trouble

greg richardson
29-03-2007, 08:57 AM
hi,this is my first post ,my 2 litre coupe gets very erratic and powerless in traffic,it only lasts until it gets some space and then it seems to go out of it again. otherwise it is fine but this problem is really bugging me ,also as i am in ireland nobody knows anything about coupes as they were never sold here so any advice would be great.

greg richardson
29-03-2007, 10:35 PM
hello everyone,iam impressed by all the posts on these forums,its all new to me but its very interesting.i have my coupe a year now and still love driving it,i think i need to replace the idle control valve can anyone tell me where this is located thanks in advance GREG.

waldo80
10-04-2007, 01:41 PM
It sounds like it as I had my one changed about 5 years ago, but I wouldn't recommend you change it yourself as you need the computer to re set your engine control settings, exhaust emmissions etc. Hope this helps

munka003
19-04-2007, 09:06 PM
hi,this is my first post ,my 2 litre coupe gets very erratic and powerless in traffic,it only lasts until it gets some space and then it seems to go out of it again. otherwise it is fine but this problem is really bugging me ,also as i am in ireland nobody knows anything about coupes as they were never sold here so any advice would be great.

I live in belfast and bought a coupe 2.3 20v quattro last november. I am curious to know is it true the coupe's were not sold in ireland - do you mean the north or the republic? would be grateful for any info.

also, has anyone fitted powerflex bushes to a quattro? is it dificult?

Thanks

greg richardson
22-04-2007, 03:56 PM
hi ,in the south of ireland coupes were never sold so any parts needed have to be got from the uk,thankfully there is some good suppliers of used parts in good condition there.