PDA

View Full Version : 17656 injection start regulation control deviation

abenga
07-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, so please excuse my eventual mistakes .....

I have a problem with a Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI, ALH engine, 90 hp, year 2006.
Since few days ago the engine check light is on, but the car is running smoothly, no loss of power no matter the speed or rotation per minute. Also I couldn't notice any strange sound from the engine, nothing that would lead me to understand that there is a problem. The car has only 40.000 KM.
I went with the car to the mechanic, and the error displayed is:
17656 injection start regulation control deviation.
Now, they told me that the "deviation" (I hope it is the correct word) is not correct, it is much higher then normal. They told me the the reasons could be 2-
- modified manually - not the case as no one touched the car's engine since one year when the oil and filters were changed.
- modified by the injection pump which is not functioning correctly.
They have ajusted the deviation back to normal values, the error is gone and the light is off. I've been told that if the error comes back again, then the injection pump is faulty and needs to be replaced.
Now, after the deviation has been ajusted, in the morning the engine starts with a little dificulty, but after it works just fine.

I just want to ask if someone of you has ever experienced this kind of issue and possible if you can give me some help on this, as I cannot believe that with a faulty injection pump the car can run perfectly.

Thanks in advance!