PDA

View Full Version : Vibs noise on tick over

engineer
06-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Hi can anybody help me. My 1.9TDI 03 beetle has a vibration noise on tick over and revs below 1300rpm. The noise appears to come from the accessory belt drive end of engine. Have removed accessory drive belt and run engine, noise still there. Have replaced timming belt rollers and water pump. Have noticed that on tick over if headlights turned on noise virtually disappears and if steering wheel is gently eased one way a little, noise goes. Having run the engine with the accessory belt removed and noise still there,:zx11: does anybody have any ideas!

engineer
15-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Hi can anybody help me. My 1.9TDI 03 beetle has a vibration noise on tick over and revs below 1300rpm. The noise appears to come from the accessory belt drive end of engine. Have removed accessory drive belt and run engine, noise still there. Have replaced timming belt rollers and water pump. Have noticed that on tick over if headlights turned on noise virtually disappears and if steering wheel is gently eased one way a little, noise goes. Having run the engine with the accessory belt removed and noise still there,:zx11: does anybody have any ideas!

Problem solved, replaced accessory drive belt tensioner and belt. No more vibs.