PDA

View Full Version : Revo quote 122 tsi standard power as.....

dmw76
06-05-2009, 07:12 PM
.... 139 hp and 160lb/ft. They have lauched a remap for the 122 tsi and rolling roaded a leon fitted with the same engine and aparantly it made quite a bit more as standard than vw claim from the factory. They say that the claimed figures by vw are conservative and quote the above figures before they fitted there map which they claim should give 15hp and 18lb/ft:D

J400uk
31-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Yeah I saw that too. Thing to remember though is some of these rolling roads can be a little optimistic, and sometimes the initial press cars will put out more power than the others. I seem to remember a program in Australia getting a 200bhp reading from a TSI 170 Golf, but elsewhere the figure was much closer to what VW quoted.

dmw76
31-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah i know not to completly trust rolling roads, however they were using dyno dynamics roads which are supposed to be pretty acurate. I also think that after having mine since feb that it feels more than 122 hp but again it colud be me "hoping" it has more! I still had a clio 197 for a few days after i got the golf and i wanted to do some comparison runs to get a gauge on the golfs performance, and i think the mid range in the golf feels al;most as strong as the clio because the clio has no torque whatsoever below 5000 rpm but i sold it before the golf was run in.Would of been fun:biglaugh: