PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Blades

Bobster-cyw
05-05-2009, 07:11 PM
As my 1.6 is coming up to it's first MOT the local dealers offered me a free health check which I took them up on.

Everything is fine although they have issued advisories on

1. Recommend emmisions treatment
2. Wipers starting to smear

The first is only £12 so I was figuring I would just get this when it's due its next service in a couple of months.

However, I assume that the wipers just require new blades but they've quoted £32. Am I missing something here or are they radically different from the off the shelf items you can get at halfords and the like ?

On the plus side they did wash the car too which aint too shabby seeing that this was a free check :D

zf44
06-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Sounds to me they are supplying and fitting the blades for that price. Dealers typically charge around £25 for the normal 'flat blade' front set if you want to install them yourself. Alternatively, you can purchase these at a fraction of the cost from suppliers such as http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/

Bobster-cyw
06-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Cheers, yes i hadn't realised they were so expensive but after looking around it apears to be around the ballpark. I've ordered some off ebay anyhow which saves a few quid ;)

j4s0n88
15-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I had a shock when i went to halfords to get wipers, stated £36quid for front set, then when scanned they went to £25 and with trade got the front for £12.99 :D all good! but then told i had to go dealer to get rears!

rosieandjim
17-05-2009, 10:27 PM
went to halfords, £25 very thin did not look the part.
phoned local dearler £26, for front mk5. great i'll take them.
easy to fit.
bring on the rain.