PDA

View Full Version : ignition problem?, 1.9 tdi polo

polonewb
28-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi,

We have had our Polo 1.9tdi from new (04) and its got a very low mileage and I believe has just come out of warranty. Up till now its been fine but low and behold a fault has occurred and I would like to know if anyone has any ideas or experience of the fault?.

Basically when the key is inserted to the ignition and turned round to battery on i.e. ready to start their is a strange clicking noise (sounds to be in the dash or steering column) and the battery lights flashes on/off on the dash. Car still starts fine but typical this fault has appeared after the warranty is out. I guess its pointless going back to the dealer to try and get them to fix it for free. Anyone got ideas.

thanks

H

s0niX
28-03-2007, 10:52 PM
umm... Strange... Not too sure...

myn is a 04 plate but i have been lucky so far. got 3 months left on warranty. Taking it on weekend because i believe the clutch is on its way out. hope they will replace for me :D

But yea sorry dude... No idea about that... Sure some of these guys on here will they seem to know alot. Best of luck!:biglaugh:

s0niX
25-04-2007, 06:04 PM
The clicking noise you hear, that could be coming from the fuse box.

Could simply be a fuse problem. Next time you turn the key.. listen to see if the noise is coming from the right of the sterring wheel.

To get to the fuse box, you after open the drivers door and down the side of the dash board you will see it there..

Myn Clicks only when my window wipers are wiping... Dunno why that is though....

Good luck mate.