PDA

View Full Version : Audi A2 in Cobalt Blue with polish marks

spartacus 68
05-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Cleaned and polished my wife's A2 at the weekend. It's finished in Cobalt Blue, which to all intents and puposes looks like a metallic black.

I thouroughly washed the car first, then cleaned the paintwork to remove tar spots and road film, etc.

Then using an orbital polisher (between 1-2 speed setting), applied Meguires paint cleaner. I then applied Meguires Scratch and Swirl Remover 2.0, followed by polish (stage 2 of 3) and finally carnuba wax (stage 3 of 3). The wax was removed by hand with a cotton microfibre cloth.

I used the indented foam pad to apply everything, apart from the solid foam pad for the carnuba wax.

The car does have a deep gloss, and I was pleased with the result, but in certain light conditions, there's almost a hazing effect. Any idea what's caused this? :1zhelp:

Christian6984
10-05-2009, 07:54 PM
could be wax that hadnt cured or been buffed off, see if it disapears after a wash.

spartacus 68
10-05-2009, 10:12 PM
I redid the whole car with the rotary polisher and Menzerna 203S, cleaned off, then applied Meguires Carnuba wax by hand and finally polished off with a microfibre cloth. No more haze marks.

Thoroughly impressed with the Menzerna polish, it self-lubricates, and a little goes a long way. Wish I'd tried this from the start.

Christian6984
11-05-2009, 05:22 PM
I redid the whole car with the rotary polisher and Menzerna 203S, cleaned off, then applied Meguires Carnuba wax by hand and finally polished off with a microfibre cloth. No more haze marks.

Thoroughly impressed with the Menzerna polish, it self-lubricates, and a little goes a long way. Wish I'd tried this from the start.

good to hear

elitedetailer
20-05-2009, 12:10 PM

Hi,

It is good that you got it sorted. The 203 is pretty versatile and a nice product. For an even finer finish you should try the Zaino range, it will give a much better shine and is extremely durable.

:beerchug:
EliteDetailer

spartacus 68
21-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Hi,

It is good that you got it sorted. The 203 is pretty versatile and a nice product. For an even finer finish you should try the Zaino range, it will give a much better shine and is extremely durable.

:beerchug:
EliteDetailer

Cheers for that.:D