PDA

View Full Version : New Exeo

a8 tech
04-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Look at this,if Seat introduce the Avant model with the 2.0 common rail engine me thinks i might buy one
http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/uk/Exeo/site/prices/handler,lang=en,templateId=carspec-exeo,modelyear=2009,carname=exeo,trim=Sport,pagety pe=p.html

dorosth
07-05-2009, 04:11 PM
if they intriduce an avant model with the 2.0 TSI 200PS Sport i would seriously consider it!

macmillions
07-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Wow, thats the first time I've looked at the spec in great detail on the Exeo. That is serious value for money.

I too would go for the 170bhp CR TD. Remap it and it would be a porsche eater!

dorosth
15-05-2009, 01:32 PM
.............and looka t this EXEO ST is coming out with is the A4 Avant!!!
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/Seat-Exeo-ST-estate-first-official-pictures/

G8AMB
10-08-2009, 03:36 PM
if they intriduce an avant model with the 2.0 TSI 200PS Sport i would seriously consider it!

looks like your wish has been granted

Doctor46
24-09-2009, 07:39 PM
I took a 2.0 170PS ST for a test drive. None of that "I'll drive first sir, then you can have a go for 5 minutes, which will take us back nicely to the dealership" business. No! I phoned to book the test and the first question he asked was, "How long would you like it for?" So naturally I took it for the day.

I have to say, yes it is the previous A4 Avant, but the bonus is that it comes with a lot of the toys as standard. And still a lot cheaper than the new A4. I currently have a B^ A4 Avant and my partner and I have already pretty much decided to get the Exeo ST next.

A cracking car!

andyj2
19-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm picking up my Exeo from the dealers on Friday!

Managed to get a really good deal on a saloon (the estate isn't worth the extra £3k that my dealer wanted!)

It's superb value for money when you look at what you're actually getting..... yes it has the 'S' badge instead of the 4-rings, but when you're on your 9th Seat like I am, the 'S' doesn't bother you! ;)

shark_90
19-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Sounds good.. make sure you get some pictures up!

How much are they going for? If they're 16-17k with toys I suspect they will sell pretty well.

eob
20-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Wow, thats the first time I've looked at the spec in great detail on the Exeo. That is serious value for money.

I too would go for the 170bhp CR TD. Remap it and it would be a porsche eater!

I looked at the Exeo before I plumbed for the CC. The standard kit is unbelievable. It's annoying how VAG underspec their more marketable cars in order to screw the consumer for more cash. :zx11:
My car however is a company car on a lease deal. I got a basic GT and am now retro fitting the things I want, cruise, parking sensors and bluetooth. I pay VAT on the standard list price, the company pay the basic lease price and after three years the lease company get a car back with a (slightly) better residual. Everybodys happy! :D

kodkod.84
20-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Are the lease company happy with you retrofitting all this stuff?

Does it really work out cheaper than speccing these on order and paying a slightly higher monthly lease payment?

eob
20-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Are the lease company happy with you retrofitting all this stuff?

Does it really work out cheaper than speccing these on order and paying a slightly higher monthly lease payment?

Yes, checked it out with the leasing company before comencing. Their only stipulation was that the work carried a main dealer warranty. Which is why I was suprised at the cost. For the cruise control the dealer is about the same as other third party companies. The parking sensors are a little bit more expensive than others, especially as they are not totally OEM.
It certainly works out cheaper for me becuase I don't have to pay the tax on the items and my company is happy becuase I am happy. :biglaugh:

kodkod.84
20-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Ah that's cool then- I think the only thing I dare retrofit on my old company leased A4 SE was an arm rest and s-line gear knob.

The gearknob was taken back out and sold on when I gave the car back so someone got a shiny leather steering wheel but a newish SE gearknob:confused: :biglaugh:

johnloaderuk
24-10-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm picking up my Exeo from the dealers on Friday!

Managed to get a really good deal on a saloon (the estate isn't worth the extra £3k that my dealer wanted!)

It's superb value for money when you look at what you're actually getting..... yes it has the 'S' badge instead of the 4-rings, but when you're on your 9th Seat like I am, the 'S' doesn't bother you! ;)

I'd be interested to know how you find this car. It's never been on my list before but I went to the dealer yesterday to see one and was impressed. Inside it feels much smaller than my Passat B6 Sport saloon, especially as I'm 6' 4", and with the front seat back you wouldn't fit in the back seat behind me, but 95% of the time I'm the only one in the car. I found the centre arm rest gets in the way of the handbrake, whether it's in the up or down position, which is my only gripe so far.
I'm thinking of Sport spec saloon 143bhp 2.0 TDI, in 2010 spec as the emissions come down to 139.
What do you find good/bad/annoying with it. Anyone got the optional sat nav, and is it worth the money.
Any info from anyone would be appreciated.

andyj2
24-10-2009, 03:39 PM
So far, so good ;)

Mine was a pre-registered one that the dealer was trying to shift on, so I got it for £5.5k less than list price ;) and they gave me a really god part-ex value on my Altea, which I would have struggled to beat selling it privately!

I can see what you mean about the rear leg room being a bit tight... I'm only 5'10" and a normal adult would just have enough room back there. So at 6'4" I can see it being very tight!

Don't have a problem with the arm rest personnally, as I don't have the seat back far enough. 30" inside leg, means I have it forward... lol ;)

The downside I've found so far is the 70L fuel tank.... it costs over £70 to fill her up :D The good thing is, I'm hoping to see 700miles out of a tank!

Mine's the 2.0 TDi Sport (143), so come with the following as standard:

18" Alloys
Sports Suspension (not too crashy/harsh)
Sport Seats, very supportive. Much better than the leather comfort seats, which are un-suppotive.
Auto-wipers
Auto-lights
Auto-dimming mirror
Privacy Glass
Chrome Side Window surround/trim
Bluetooth phone kit in-built
USB/MP3 Sterero
Dual-zone Climate Control
Double glazed side windows
Heat reflective windscreen

Mine's also got a coolbox in the glove-box ;)

Managed to get the Thule roofbars thrown in for an extra £60 to, they're £160 RRP

Will keep this thread updated with thoughts/comments as I get used to it and drive it more!

johnloaderuk
24-10-2009, 04:18 PM
So far, so good ;)

Mine was a pre-registered one that the dealer was trying to shift on, so I got it for £5.5k less than list price ;) and they gave me a really god part-ex value on my Altea, which I would have struggled to beat selling it privately!

I can see what you mean about the rear leg room being a bit tight... I'm only 5'10" and a normal adult would just have enough room back there. So at 6'4" I can see it being very tight!

Don't have a problem with the arm rest personnally, as I don't have the seat back far enough. 30" inside leg, means I have it forward... lol ;)

The downside I've found so far is the 70L fuel tank.... it costs over £70 to fill her up :D The good thing is, I'm hoping to see 700miles out of a tank!

Mine's the 2.0 TDi Sport (143), so come with the following as standard:

18" Alloys
Sports Suspension (not too crashy/harsh)
Sport Seats, very supportive. Much better than the leather comfort seats, which are un-suppotive.
Auto-wipers
Auto-lights
Auto-dimming mirror
Privacy Glass
Chrome Side Window surround/trim
Bluetooth phone kit in-built
USB/MP3 Sterero
Dual-zone Climate Control
Double glazed side windows
Heat reflective windscreen

Mine's also got a coolbox in the glove-box ;)

Managed to get the Thule roofbars thrown in for an extra £60 to, they're £160 RRP

Will keep this thread updated with thoughts/comments as I get used to it and drive it more!

Thanks for the quick reply andyj2.

I'm also interested in the Sport model for the seats, and having currently got he Passat Sport don't think the sports suspension would be a problem. Personally I like the 70L fuel tank as it means longer between fill ups, and it costs what it costs, just means fewer stops. I must admit that mine will be a company car so the cost of filling up isn't a concern for me, and again my current Passat has a 70L tank.

Keep the updates/info/thoughts coming, I have to make my final decision by the end of this week.

andyj2
24-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi John,

The comment about the 70L tank was meant in jest! I agree that it's a case of getting more out of a tank, and less fill-ups! I've been used to a 50L tank up until now!

I'm going to test out the USB/MP3 function tomorrow hopefully, so I'll let you know if the track listing etc works properly.

Been looking at 'improvements' already, such as the Audi RS4 (B7) Rear anti-roll bar, which is a direct fit/swap, and only costs £80 from Audi. The brakes on the 143 are only 288mm, so a little on the small side for such a large car. I think something like 312mm or even S4/RS4 brakes would be much more suitable!

However, with it being a brand-new car, I'm really trying to resist the urge to modify it, until at least 12months, just in case there are any warranty type issues that need sorting out!

johnloaderuk
29-10-2009, 09:58 PM
The dealer is lending me a Exeo Sport 143 TDI on Monday pm which I don't have to give back until Thursday am, so I should be able to put a few hundred miles on the clock and see how/if it suits me.

andyj2
30-10-2009, 12:55 AM
:D sounds like you managed to get a good deal there with the 'extended' test-drive ;)

I've had mine a week now, and very pleased. So much smoother to drive than my old Altea, mainly due to the 2.0 CR engine being alot quieter and smoother than the old 2.0 PD.

Very comfortable to drive on the commute to work, and effortless to drive on the motorway etc.

MPG isn't great, but then that's to be expected with a brand new diesel engine, which should hopefully loosen up over the next 5-10k.

Be interesting to know your thoughts on the car ;)

danclyon
02-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Sounds good.. make sure you get some pictures up!

How much are they going for? If they're 16-17k with toys I suspect they will sell pretty well.

They aren't selling well at all that's the problem. Seems to be very little fleet interest (no auto-options) and they haven't picked up the multi-tronic or anything like that either.....according to my local Seat dealer, interest was very very disappointing.

16.17k is doable on the well-specced ones, lower on some of the less specced ones!!

Cheers,
Dan.

johnloaderuk
02-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Last week in my previous post I arranged to have a Exeo demo delivered to my office this afternoon (Monday) that I would be able to have to test drive until Thursday. Got a phone call from the dealer this morning to confirm if I still wanted it, to which I said yes. Then got another phone call mid afternoon asking again if I still wanted it, and when I confirmed this it went quiet on the other end of the phone, and after a while they said they'd call me back. It got to 5:00pm, no car arrived, and no phone call, so I went on my way home. At 5:40pm my colleague who was working late phoned to say someone had just turned up with the Exeo. Unfortunately as I was well up the motorway by now I sent them on their way back to their showroom with their Exeo. Not impressed with customer service, and unfortunately for them it's put me off having a Seat, as dealer service is important to me.
It's no wonder not so many cars are being sold these days if this is typical of the service you get, which seems to be the norm to me lately.
I was really looking forward to trying the Exeo, but perhaps I'll stick with VW.
Sorry if this sounds rather negative, but that's how I feel right now, as my entire week had been planned around the test drive.

johnloaderuk
02-11-2009, 09:07 PM
They aren't selling well at all that's the problem. Seems to be very little fleet interest (no auto-options) and they haven't picked up the multi-tronic or anything like that either.....according to my local Seat dealer, interest was very very disappointing.

16.17k is doable on the well-specced ones, lower on some of the less specced ones!!

Cheers,
Dan.

I'm in the market for a small fleet, the company I work for want six cars immediately, with the option of a further four next year, but if you read my post above I can't right now say anything good about them. Shame really as the Exeo seems a lovely car, excellent spec, and we'd come to some good prices, but I want service when I want it, not when they want to give it. Please forgive me for being negative, but where has customer service gone ?.

andyj2
02-11-2009, 09:18 PM
John,

Can I ask which Seat Dealer it was you've had problems with out of interest??

I'm very pleased so far with my Exeo. Every time I drive past an A4 I think to myself "I've just paid more then £10k less than what you have for the 'same' car" ;)

Fuel is working out at about 39mpg but I've only done 200miles so far, so it will be interesting to see how it 'improves' over the next few thousand miles!

My local dealers are both fairly good with customer service from my experience. Willoughby's in Nottingham, and GK in Derby.

johnloaderuk
02-11-2009, 09:47 PM
John,

Can I ask which Seat Dealer it was you've had problems with out of interest??

I'm very pleased so far with my Exeo. Every time I drive past an A4 I think to myself "I've just paid more then £10k less than what you have for the 'same' car" ;)

Fuel is working out at about 39mpg but I've only done 200miles so far, so it will be interesting to see how it 'improves' over the next few thousand miles!

My local dealers are both fairly good with customer service from my experience. Willoughby's in Nottingham, and GK in Derby.

I don't think it's fair or right to specify which dealer it was, and I know many are really good, I just can't believe their customer service, especially as a deal involving so many cars was involved. Perhaps it was because I deal with their regional group fleet manager, but the demo cars are from their local dealers (they have a few Seat dealers in the group), specific cars coming from different showrooms depending on the spec, SE, Sport etc. and a message got lost or mis laid somewhere between them perhaps.
Hopefully I'll feel better about it in the morning, but I won't be contacting them, but they are free to contact me if they would like to, although we'll be talking a better discount first - we'll see how much they want the business.
Meanwhile, when I see someone driving one going the other way, I know what a great spec car they are driving, just wish I'd had the chance to try one for a bit. Maybe I still will.

andyj2
03-11-2009, 05:19 PM
John,

No problems, perfectly understandable why you don't feel it's right to name them. I was just asking out of curiosity/interest to see if it's a dealer that I've heard about problems with in the past.

I guess that's the problem when you're dealing with the regional fleet manager, but having to organise the test-drive from a local dealer. What you'll probably find happened is that the 'demonstrator' is actually used by one of the Sales staff to go home in at night. I know that's what happens with the one at my local dealer. So they probably had to organise another way for them to get home! ;)

Anyway, did you feel any better about the situation this morning? Hopefully you've overlooked this little hiccup and have given them a 2nd chance to remedy themselves!

My first big test in the Exeo comes this weekend when we head down to Devon for the weekend. Hoping to see mid-40's from the old MPG readout.

Andy

johnloaderuk
05-11-2009, 08:13 AM
You were right andyj2, it was the parts managers car. But they knew a week in advance so there's really no excuse for what happened. I've been out of the office for a few days but one of my company directors told them exactly what he thought.
I might still have a look at it, I'll have a think about it today. Hopefully you'll find your car perfect for the Devon trip, but if you find yourself popping into a Seat dealer there, their ears may still be ringing from the blasting they got down the phone. Nice quiet roads this time of year too.

andyj2
05-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi John,

I'm originally from Devon, so know both the roads and the Seat dealers fairly well....... ;)

johnloaderuk
07-11-2009, 03:37 PM
andyj2, I have to admit that the demo experience (or lack of it !) alone put me off, so yesterday I ordered another Passat B6. I currently have a Passat B6 which I've had from new, now has 145k on it.

Had the dealer been on the ball I may well have ordered a new Exeo, superb equipment level for the price, and in my opinion good looks too.

Maybe next time.

Hopefully you're now enjoying the Devon sunshine this afternoon.

andyj2
09-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Devon was great this weekend thanks ;)

Managed a respectable 49.1mpg on the round trip of ~540miles. More than happy with that. Only used to average about 45mpg in the Altea.

I can only see the MPG figure improving over time as the engine loosens up a little.

Have got a bit of a query with the dealer at the minute, with regards the long-life servicing. The on-board computer is saying that the service is due in 9000miles(360days), which is normal servicing.

Have spoken to the dealer, and they have found out that any cars made before build week 20 are on standard scheduled servicing, and anything after is long-life. The sales guy made a big thing of mine being long-life etc, and it was one of the deciding factors when discussion the purchase with my wife. The dealer is trying to find out what would need to be done to swap mine to long-life.

If it can't, I'll be discussing who pays for my 10k service.... ;)

danclyon
09-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Devon was great this weekend thanks ;)

Managed a respectable 49.1mpg on the round trip of ~540miles. More than happy with that. Only used to average about 45mpg in the Altea.

I can only see the MPG figure improving over time as the engine loosens up a little.

Have got a bit of a query with the dealer at the minute, with regards the long-life servicing. The on-board computer is saying that the service is due in 9000miles(360days), which is normal servicing.

Have spoken to the dealer, and they have found out that any cars made before build week 20 are on standard scheduled servicing, and anything after is long-life. The sales guy made a big thing of mine being long-life etc, and it was one of the deciding factors when discussion the purchase with my wife. The dealer is trying to find out what would need to be done to swap mine to long-life.

If it can't, I'll be discussing who pays for my 10k service.... ;)

That must be a recent change of policy then, as what I was told, and this is what made me walk away, was that there was NO long-life servicing on the Seat's AT ALL....it was every 10k/12 months period - nothing else possible...

Cheers,
Dan.

andyj2
09-11-2009, 04:50 PM
This is why I'm going to be raising the question about who pays for my 10k and in fact 30k servicing, as I was sold the car on the understanding it was long-life i.e. 20k and 40k.

I'll keep you posted ;)

danclyon
09-11-2009, 06:48 PM
This is why I'm going to be raising the question about who pays for my 10k and in fact 30k servicing, as I was sold the car on the understanding it was long-life i.e. 20k and 40k.

I'll keep you posted ;)

:)

You of course meant 18750 and 37,500 (absolute maximum) I assume??

:approve:

Cheers,
Dan.

andyj2
09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Very true..... ;)

d_onions
16-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi guys - new to this particular forum. My mother-in-law is looking at getting one of these ex-demo. Anything inparticular to look out for? User reviews are hard to find...

andyj2
16-12-2009, 05:27 PM
If it's an ex-demo, then I would suggest getting the dealer to confirm what build-week it is, as that will determine whether it is long-life servicing or sceduled-servicing. From what I can recall, anything built before week 20 is schedule-servicing (10k miles/12months), anything after week 20 is long-life (~ 18k miles / 2years variable).

Mine was sold to me as long-life, but has since found out it's not. About to start 'discussions' with the dealer, as to who pays for the first 10k service!

Other than that, there's not alot I can comment on in terms of things to watch out for. The saloons have only been on the roads for about 9months now, and the ST about 4months I think.

The Sports suspension can be a bit harsh for those not used to sporty type cars. I've come from an LCR, so the sports suspension on mine is not a problem. For your MIL I would suggest looking at SE / SE Lux models, the SE Lux comes with all the toys the Sport has, but softer suspension, and only 17" alloys I think.

Keep us posted on how you get on!

d_onions
22-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Hi Andyj2, thanks for the info but she's gone and bought a different car already... cheers

Bhowani
17-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Does anybody (in the know) know whether there will be an automatic option on the ST. Nobody at Seat wants to talk about it!

Thanks

Bhowani;)

audiman786
17-01-2010, 04:04 PM
hi can any1 help me im wanting to know if the new audi A5 headlights will fit the audi A3 2006 model thanx

danclyon
17-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Does anybody (in the know) know whether there will be an automatic option on the ST. Nobody at Seat wants to talk about it!

Thanks

Bhowani;)

I was told no plans....which is a shame, as the dealers are selling naff all into the fleet market as an auto diesel is a large % of the market in that size/segment....

Bet you they revise that when they sell bog-all this year......if there was a DSG/Multitronic produced I'd buy one tomorrow.

Cheers,
Dan.

engineermk
12-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Any chance there will be "quattro" with the 2.0TFSi, i'm looking for a bigger car to repalce my A3 quattro and the A4's are too expensive for my budget.

grobvw
20-07-2010, 06:18 PM

Thanks

Bhowani;)

Seat offer a MULTITRONIC 7 SPEED version of the 2.0 litre TSI TURBO 200 HP engined cars in other markets. http://www.seat.com/com/generator/su/com/Exeo/site/engines/main.html :confused:

vwawudi
21-07-2010, 12:13 AM
I looked at (and test drove) an Exeo. Nice enough car. If only they introduced a multitronic model I'd buy one! Shame. An auto box would sway me even though the rear leg room is soooo tight.

IMHO, VAG are aware that if they introduced an auto Exeo, sales of the B8 Audi A4 might just fall away!

In essence you'd be buying a B7 with 3 yr warranty!!

stuart
21-07-2010, 08:20 AM
I have just ordered this on Saturday:- :) :)

A 2011MY Seat Exeo 2.0TDi 170PS Sport Tech.... in metallic red...
Xenon Headlamps, with DRL and LED Rear Lamps
SatNav
Ipod
Bose HiFi
Leather
Winter Pack
Storage Pack
Convieniance Pack
Heat Reflective Windscreen.....

I agree with the lack of room in the back, but other than that the 143PS Sport I had all day Saturday was excellent, good drive, goes very well, very little noise when driving, smooth... looking forward to end of September now....

This will be my 4th Seat, I have had an Ibiza, 2 Leons, and now the Exeo, and in my opinion the build quality and finish on the Exeo is a lot better than any of the others... you can tell it's an Audi under the skin ;)

Stuart

vwawudi
21-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Great spec Stu!

They should bring out an auto version already!! (if they dare!)

Mafu
28-07-2010, 05:44 PM
I got my 09 plate Exeo at the end of April, 8000 miles later I honestly can't fault it. Its a far better car than the B7 it replaced in every way. Briliant motor.

grobvw
01-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Great spec Stu!

They should bring out an auto version already!! (if they dare!)

GOOD NEWS on that front according to this What Car article. http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/seat-exeo-to-offer-automatic-box/253066 Remains to be seen if it ever makes it to the UK.:(

Irksome
28-02-2011, 09:36 PM
I have just ordered this on Saturday:- :) :)

I agree with the lack of room in the back, but other than that the 143PS Sport I had all day Saturday was excellent, good drive, goes very well, very little noise when driving, smooth... looking forward to end of September now....

Stuart

From week 5 2011, there will be an additional 40mm (IIRC) legroom in the back

danclyon
28-02-2011, 09:36 PM
From week 5 2011, there will be an additional 40mm (IIRC) legroom in the back

HOW? are the rear seats now back-cripplingly vertical?

Irksome
28-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Combination of sculpting out the back of the front seats and adjusting the rear's apparently - I've not seen it yet, as the demo I drove on Saturday clearly did not have the extra legroom.

From a review on a popular car site (autoexpress) of the Multitronic version

It feels smaller inside than its rivals, too, especially in the back. SEAT has addressed this, adding 44mm of rear legroom across the range by altering the seat cushions and scalloping out the front seatbacks.

danclyon
28-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Combination of sculpting out the back of the front seats and adjusting the rear's apparently - I've not seen it yet, as the demo I drove on Saturday clearly did not have the extra legroom.

From a review on a popular car site (autoexpress) of the Multitronic version

It's good that they are putting the multitronic in, it gives me another option (although i love the B8 so that's probably where the pennies are going to go in the end) as I love the multi.......however I just cannot see how they can get more space without making the back seats more crippplingly uncomfortable if you aren't a kid, or making the front seat too hard.....hey ho.

Thx for info though, very useful. I'll give it 6 mo and go take a poke :)

D.

Irksome
28-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Interesting you raise the question of the B8 ... but first about the seats and your 6 month window.

I looked at this a bit when I was test driving last week having already read the Seat press release, which dates from September last, and I think I can see how they are doing it. They are scalloping out the front seat back which is pretty thick, and I think reducing the depth of the seat cushion in the back, which actually is quite deep.

With regard to 6 months ... I've been convinced that the value is now, there is currently a 20% off deal, that ends at the end of March. Seat are clearly trying to reposition this model upmarket a bit (there is a new ad campaign to support this view) and what they appear to have done is increase the price as of last September, then knocked the 20% VAT off for 3 months to 'soften the blow' and obviously to get a fair amount of press and sales. I very much doubt that any dealer is going to be able to knock 20% off come April, and if you look at the ex-demo cars on the market the dealers are marketing them above the cost of the new car currently ... I assume they realise that they won't get these prices now, and most of these cars won't be available until April/May.

Added to that, I've seen a broker who will knock another 20% off the price ... a fully loaded 'old model' A4 Avant for a smidge over £20K is a steal in my opinion.

Doh - forgot to get onto the A4 Avant B8 ... I shall continue.

danclyon
28-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Interesting you raise the question of the B8 ... but first about the seats and your 6 month window.

I looked at this a bit when I was test driving last week having already read the Seat press release, which dates from September last, and I think I can see how they are doing it. They are scalloping out the front seat back which is pretty thick, and I think reducing the depth of the seat cushion in the back, which actually is quite deep.

With regard to 6 months ... I've been convinced that the value is now, there is currently a 20% off deal, that ends at the end of March. Seat are clearly trying to reposition this model upmarket a bit (there is a new ad campaign to support this view) and what they appear to have done is increase the price as of last September, then knocked the 20% VAT off for 3 months to 'soften the blow' and obviously to get a fair amount of press and sales. I very much doubt that any dealer is going to be able to knock 20% off come April, and if you look at the ex-demo cars on the market the dealers are marketing them above the cost of the new car currently ... I assume they realise that they won't get these prices now, and most of these cars won't be available until April/May.

Added to that, I've seen a broker who will knock another 20% off the price ... a fully loaded 'old model' A4 Avant for a smidge over £20K is a steal in my opinion.

Doh - forgot to get onto the A4 Avant B8 ... I shall continue.

Hold on - 40% off the SEAT list price? Did I read that right (or rather 20% off then 20% off that so about 35.8pc off list.....) if that's possible then I might just change now.....a 2.0TDi 143 with Multi, BOSE, RNS-E etc would do me for another 5-6 years - and they are available on variable servicing - perfect :)

Care to share more details?

D.

Irksome
28-02-2011, 10:10 PM
So i specc'ed up an A4 Avant ... and it just doesn't make sense for me. Even a year old A4 Avant with decent spec is going to be £25K ish, and a 2.0 TDI 170PS S Line with decent spec is a pretty rare car at the moment (I can't see one on the Audi website that is near 'fully loaded'), already had 1 owner (or 2 if its ex-demo) and 20 - 30K on it. A new one is nearer £35K! So even if I am pessimistic on the 3Yr / 32K depreciation and say that the Exeo will depreciate 60% vs the A4 50% then I'd have at least 8.5K left in the car vs 17.5K for the A4 ...

So I spend 15K more now, and get a spanking new car that isn't enormously improved over the one I can spend 15K less now on, and by a nice little Lotus Elise/Exige to play with; and the Exeo that is going to get wrecked anyway by my impending child!

Irksome
28-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Hold on - 40% off the SEAT list price? Did I read that right (or rather 20% off then 20% off that so about 35.8pc off list.....) if that's possible then I might just change now.....a 2.0TDi 143 with Multi, BOSE, RNS-E etc would do me for another 5-6 years - and they are available on variable servicing - perfect :)

Care to share more details?

D.

Yes 20% off 20% ... so around £20K.

I went to PM you details but am not yet allowed to PM - no doubt I will add a couple of posts shortly and will PM you then.

danclyon
28-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Yes 20% off 20% ... so around £20K.

I went to PM you details but am not yet allowed to PM - no doubt I will add a couple of posts shortly and will PM you then.

Hahaha - I remember those days....that either says I'm helpful or have had lots of challenges with my A4 ;-)

Cheers,
Dan.

Irksome
01-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Well I did it ...

Ordered today a new Exeo ST Sport Tech with Xenon's, Convenience Pack, Metallic and Rear airbags for a touch over 20K ... am waiting on confirmation of my order and a delivery date.

danclyon - sent you an email yesterday - another one coming now with the details.

danclyon
01-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Well I did it ...

Ordered today a new Exeo ST Sport Tech with Xenon's, Convenience Pack, Metallic and Rear airbags for a touch over 20K ... am waiting on confirmation of my order and a delivery date.

danclyon - sent you an email yesterday - another one coming now with the details.

Whooo new toys :) Congrats.

No e-mail though.... can try same before @ symbol at gmail.com too?

Cheers,
Dan.

½cwt
20-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Interesting to read this 18 months on from last post. Going to pick up my 2009 09 plate Exeo Sport 143 TDi with 65k mileson Sunday for (now don't cry guys) a fraction over £7500, not only cheap new but fantastic value 2nd hand. Equivalent equipment on an A4 would mean an 06 or 56 car at best and more miles (nearer 100,000) for the same money.

Hope to enjoy for 2-3 years. Will be our 4th SEAT between the wife and I over the last 5 years.

Irksome
21-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Interesting to read this 18 months on from last post. Going to pick up my 2009 09 plate Exeo Sport 143 TDi with 65k mileson Sunday for (now don't cry guys) a fraction over £7500, not only cheap new but fantastic value 2nd hand. Equivalent equipment on an A4 would mean an 06 or 56 car at best and more miles (nearer 100,000) for the same money.

Hope to enjoy for 2-3 years. Will be our 4th SEAT between the wife and I over the last 5 years.

Well we've done over 11K, mostly town commuting and long trips including two trips to France, and a lot of journeys up the M1 to see the in-laws (250 miles each way).

I love the car, my wife likes the car - yes the Sport is quite 'firm', and its a bit of a bugger on the platform bumps we have all around us here in central london. For us + a baby, we can fit all we want into the car, and I think only one trip to Ikea proved a challenge, as I had to unbox the furniture outside the twin towers, and physically stuff the goods in, put the baby in the front seat and told the wife to 'mold' herself around the furniture that intruded into her side!

Obviously the following tale took place in another country, one that also has an A1 road ... earlier this summer I had a most 'spirited' drive to the North, with a person unknown to be (I'd love to meet him!) in a Vauxhall Insignia estate. On this particular occasion, I had no wife, nor child as they were already at the destination, so other than me and a couple of bags I pootling along and 'making good progress' as I was instructed to by the chap who I did my ADT with.

Somehow, this Insignia and I, both of similar ages, got into a spirited keep up with each other session, with rates of progress that might worry the law enforcement had they known. I am very pleased to report that both cars rear LED lamps were flashing vigorously such was the amount of very hard braking taking place. I must add that this spirited driving was done with the upmost respect by both parties and that and no time did either party put any other vehicle or person at risk in anyway! If you had been driving from South London to North Yorkshire up the non-motorway route, you might have completed the journey in just under 3 hours, had you been doing the equivalent route, and with equivalent traffic conditions, just going ' a bit quick ' would have been between 4 and 5 hours I would have thought!

BTW - The cars were very very evenly matched.

Apparently a same spec Exeo would be circa 17K on Autotrader right now. £3K for a fab workhorse is a no brainer, the leather is looking good, we've had no major problems ( a couple of minor niggles at the beginning ) and I've not yet purchased a bluefin. The Xeons work brilliantly, the engine is fab as is the gearbox, the ride is very firm, but rather enjoyable I think and my 11.9 month old son thinks its brilliant (he just falls asleep) - my Mrs is ok with it - although she's taken out the driver side rear door already!

Lastly and sorry for such a long post - one of my senior employee's has just got a 2010 A4 2.0 tdi avant (170) auto - its got a bit more of a quality feel (but only a bit) to it, but is more noisy, has less rear legroom, and obviously isn't as pokey - and I think he wishes he'd got a facelifted exeo!

PS - the elise has turned into a Z4.