PDA

View Full Version : Please Help N75 Valve ???

90karl90
04-05-2009, 10:26 PM
i have recently heard about the n75 boost controller

i have a 2001 aum 1.8t engine

the n75 valves have all different letters on the end if you do know what i am talking about or have upgraded to a different one then please let me know of any imprvments

i have a problem with my boost cutting back when i give it some and its quite annoying

cheers

karl

Crasher
04-05-2009, 10:45 PM
The N75 valve is a common failure on the AUM engine but there is only one number and that is 058906283F (about Ģ60 from an Audi dealer). Any other number you see are ideas for increasing the boost pressure although I am not convinced these change anything as after all the N75 is just a computer controlled solenoid valve. I think it is just another internet myth.

Aptuning
04-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Sorry about plugging another site here, but if you do a search on uk-mkivs.net there is lots of info on the N75 valve. There are different versions all of which people have tried and tested. There is also a race version on the market but don't know much about this. It does control the boost on the car but different versions have proved to deliver the boost better in other people opinion. I cannot vouch for this myself, it is only what I have read.

a3_1.8_tish
08-05-2009, 07:56 PM
hi mate, just wondering, what sort of problem are you having with your boost?? when i put my foot down in my a3, every now and again the boost cuts out and feels like i have hit a brick wall. not found out what it is yet tho???

Please help!!!!

yugo
09-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Not a internet myth, the h and j valves are knows as race n75īs, they have different and retarded responses, wich leads you to get different boost curves, there is a vast discussion about this, but it is known that this valves have big boost spikes, that can affect your turbocharger, even kill it.. get an oem stock valve and install a boost controler ( cheap part ) in serial.. lots of information on web;)

Crasher
09-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Race N75’s my ****! They are just off of Audi 200T’s and other Audi’s. One day when I have enough time to waste I will response time the windings on my oscilloscope.

yugo
09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Nothing like empiric knowledge.. just get an h and j valves and test them in your car with a boost gauge.. you will see the difference between them and the F or C ones..

yugo
09-05-2009, 11:31 AM
And some people call it race valves exactly because they have a much extreme response.. just use one of them and let me know something..and carefull if you have a dbc car, they donīt have limp mode;)

Crasher
09-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I have tried it on my VRS (it is also what I do for a living) in an attempt to cure the pulsating I get under light acceleration after remapping it to 210PS (I am an APR agent), it made no difference to me. I also did back to back tests running VCDS in logging mode and tried a number of runs on the same stretch of road (went out armed with a flat blade and two different valves) and measured no difference. The only thing I can see that is different is the plug is clocked 180 degrees out and it stretches the wiring. Also for a forum user called Twiggin, I had to remove the Audi valve because it was causing problems in his opinion but all I could see was that it stretched and broke the wires which I extended later so he could have it back and then he sold the car. One day, as I said, I will put both on an output test from the ECU and measure the coil winding response times, but that will be when I am manically bored though, there are many more interesting things I can think of doing…

yugo
09-05-2009, 06:52 PM
And after that the only thing left to say is :notworthy

iīve tried the j valve on my passat 1.8t AEB, and i was positive that he had a different response, very different response, i didnīt all that tests that you have maid, so i must believe in you, but i can say tou you that this valves arenīt the same, they have different designations because they have different callibrations, the valves could be exactly the same, i donīt argue on that, but definitly they have different behaviours and calibration....

Just try a n75 J on a DBW Passat and you will hit limp mode after some miles..