PDA

View Full Version : Question Water leak under driving pedals

Sky blue
04-05-2009, 10:24 PM
The is water leaking into the floor under the driving pedals in my Sept 2005 passat saloon. Has anyone had this problem? How should I search for the source of the leak? :1zhelp:

Thank you.

jonsey24
04-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Check all of the drain holes are free from debris and leaves under the bonnet, i had a similar thing on my Passat B5 and it turned out to be a seal that had perished.

The only way i can desribe where this was would be just below the windscreen inside the engine on drivers side

aaman
05-05-2009, 08:55 AM
The is water leaking into the floor under the driving pedals in my Sept 2005 passat saloon. Has anyone had this problem? How should I search for the source of the leak? :1zhelp:

Thank you.

i had the same problem mine is a 2005 saloon. its a very long story but in the end the dealer located it to the body seams under the screen near the bottom so resealed. also replaced the metal plates behind the front door trims. Has your windscreen been replaced?. you need to locate the leak asap as the smell will be bad mine was and had to replace carpet ,sound dead,roof lineing and boot trim etc etc cost ££££s. good luck fingers crossed it may just be a rubber grommet out .