PDA

View Full Version : Ecu romfile editors

kicky1
04-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi all,

I have been investigating the options for chiptuning my golf mk4 110tdi as an ex vw mechanic i fancey a bit of diy work so have obtained my original ecu files via he odb port.

is what i now need is a rom edior that gives the memory file locations definition to enable me to edit the file does anyone know of a vw based Rom editor for the purpose of editing the original rom file.

having to edit in hexidecimal at present.

any advice greatfully received...

regards

Dave

Aptuning
04-05-2009, 10:46 PM
theres plenty of programmes around but they will set you back atleast £2000.

motechmike
05-05-2009, 11:25 AM
The early TDI's need a chip change you cant read of write to them.. drop me a PM only down the road from you see what we can do..

Mike

ini
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
You could try software such as old WinOLS.

http://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/software/default.asp

and pages like this to see what others are using.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=206499

Much of the tuning comunity has closed ranks to non-trade, but being an ex VW mechanic may have some weight.

kicky1
06-05-2009, 09:40 PM
The early TDI's need a chip change you cant read of write to them.. drop me a PM only down the road from you see what we can do..

Mike

Hi mike

wasn't able to pm you as i haven't posted 5 times yet.

I am looking to increse power without killing fuel consumption i have already pulled the Information out of the ecu and have it stored as a Bin File so could email it to you.

i am just struggling to find an editor to take the headache away from modifying the fueling tables as i am unsure at this stage what area of the hex table is responsible for what.

would be interested in seing what you help you van offer,i am happy to flash the new files in my self.

regards

Dave

kicky1
06-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I have tried just about every ROm editor i can lay my hands on and although i can read the hex data and do the checksum side of things i have no idea of the memory address realtions to fuel/timing and boost control so unable to modify.

going to try Winols and see if that moves me forward but looking for a tool similar to an industrial prodcut we use at work that shows each memory location as a text definition which makes editing the fuel table's really easy.

shame i can't find anything like it for Vw's.

regards

Dave

crd4me
25-09-2015, 06:52 PM
WinOls !! All the way !! Or ECM titanium for newbies.!!