PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Electric Window!

s_line_junkie
04-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi,

Got an 04 A4 and when the suns out i crack open both windows but when i go to close the passenger side window it doesn't respond but then when it does it goes up halfway, then all way up but back down again to halfway!

Has anyone had this before? Is this another "common" problem? I hope not!

Cheers folks!

bagpipingandy
04-05-2009, 09:18 PM
It could be tight in the runners, and in using too much force it retracts, this is a function to prevent fingers being jammed if the window senses too much pressure it will go back down. try pulling it up whilst raising, if this works look at lubricating the slides. if it doesn't work you may have electrical issues :(

Alan02
05-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi after trying the above,re-learn the window settings if its still playing up.Keep your finger on the switch till window fully up,and hold,then do it for down,and hold switch.It should then auto raise and drop ok.

ali_a4_avant
05-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I had this on my 1999 A3, in the end I part-ex'd it instead of getting the problem fixed.

hagis
05-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Get a can of silicon lubricant from Halfords or something similar. My A4 was doing this and quick squirt of that sorted it out. I try and spray the stuff on the windows a couple of times a year.

s_line_junkie
21-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Cheers for the suggestions and time to reply lads! Sorry didn't thank you earlier but been on holiday then tied up with the missus' car problems!