PDA

View Full Version : Servicing prices

trainer555
03-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Hello everyone,

Sorry if this has been posted before. I looked but may need some help.
My 2.0tdi is coming up to it's second service. I am on the fixed long life service schedule ie 20,000 miles or two years. The previous owner had the service done at 18K so I am expecting the service to be due at 38K. The car has 36K on it at the moment. (just thought I would give you guys some background info).
I live in NW London and have been quoted around £600:aargh4: for this service, this will include the service, brake fluid, air con and DSG oil.
The question is am I being ripped off? It sounds a bit pushed, the car is on a 55 plate and hence out of warranty, but I just like to have things done properly and do not want to skimp on the attention it deserves. It just sounds expensive considering that my old man has a 2.2 Honda accord ictdi and his services from the local Honda dealer have never topped £300.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as well as names of authorised dealers.
Many thanks :beerchug:

Spudrig
03-05-2009, 07:09 PM
I can't really comment on the price as my car has not had its 2nd longlife service yet. It has only done 34k miles. But you should phone around a few dealerships (even ones outside of London, if you are willing to travel a bit) and get quotes to match them against eachother. I live in N. Ireland so my dealership would be no good to you :p One other point to note, the service interval is actually around 18600 miles, and not 20000 miles (as VW use kilometers and 30000km = 18600 miles) I hope this info helps though

gamichea
03-05-2009, 09:38 PM
..... I am on the fixed long life service schedule ie 20,000 miles or two years. The previous owner had the service done at 18K so I am expecting the service to be due at 38K......

The long life service interval is variable in time and distance and as Spudrig says has a max.interval of 18.6k/2 years depending on how the car is used.

The alternative fixed interval schedule has a max.interval of 10k/1 year.

The service book for your car should have been completed by the servicing dealer at each service and show (via ticked boxes) whether a variable or fixed interval service was carried out.

My long life costs at a south Lincolnshire dealership have been as follows:-

August 2008 - Interval Service £132

May 2008 - Brake fluid change, aircon service & pollen filter £165

January 2009 Interval Inspection Service £176

2003amir
04-05-2009, 12:41 AM
just had first service on tdi 170, at just over 18k miles
interval inspection service 199, a/c and brakes 115, they collected and delivered, and cleaned the car
so unless the dsg oil change costs 286, find another dealer

trainer555
04-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Many thanks everyone, I guess it will need a service sooner than i thought then. Will phone around and keep you guys updated in the near future.
Once again many thanks

beclee
06-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi all
Ive recently had me baby serviced at the local VW centre. The service was the cheapest to date £150.

My car:
Black 56 plate 2.0tdi 140 se passat. 20,000 miles on the clock.

cheers

Lee:beerchug:

Stuart W
07-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Many thanks everyone, I guess it will need a service sooner than i thought then. Will phone around and keep you guys updated in the near future.
Once again many thanks

I'd second what the others are saying - excluding the DSG oil you should surely be looking at around £300, in the current climate at least.

Avoid.