PDA

View Full Version : CLIMAtronic HELP!!

s0niX
28-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Okay guys, Hope you can help

Recently my mate wrote off his Polo TDI sport. Today we went to salvage some parts and i decided to take his Electronic Climate control, hoping to fit it in mine as i have the 3 Dails in my Polo.

When i got back i tried fitting it but its got completly different plugs at the back. Could i take this to VW and they fit if for me and use some sort of adapter to make them fit? I mean i want the electric one instead of the dails and im not going out for another car for that.. not to mention myns a 04 plate and im still paying for it!

Hope you guys can help me

s0niX
28-03-2007, 10:49 PM
An update,

Rang VW they said would cost about £1800!!!!!!

If anyone knows how i could fit it manually i sure will do that.

Col
28-03-2007, 11:22 PM
You need the complete heater assembly and wiring looms.

There are people that have done it on other vag cars but it is a labour of love.

In all honesty you'd be better off flogging the car and getting one with clima on it.

s0niX
28-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Na, If so i will just stick with the dails... Im still paying for this car. If i can find all the items needed to go ahead with it i will give it a good shot my self.

If anyone can find me the items i need to buy that would be great.

s0niX
10-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Job completed!!!!

Cost me around £150 in parts.... Had to nearly remove ALL of the dash!!!

But job well done.

Col
10-04-2007, 09:23 PM
How long did it take you ?

RickT
10-04-2007, 11:19 PM
does it work? lol :biglaugh:

Good Work!

RicKT

s0niX
11-04-2007, 01:55 AM
to be honest, my mate did it for me. i got the parts he fitted them... i was more of a spectator :P took 2 days!!!! (only cos the sun has been out and we broke off to go for a few drinks)

Yes everything works fine, SO FAR. only problem i am getting is when i turn the heat on the floor (at your feet) the poor people in the back dopnt get heat either on there feet. My freind said this can be sorted but he just needs to find the time to get round to doing it.

So yea... job well done.

daa709
13-05-2007, 01:35 PM
where did you get these wiring loom parts? i have found the climatronic head unit, but i'm thinking about retro fitting as you did! except mine is a polo9n3 2007, so it may be different, but i could ask the supplier you had!

Thanks
daa709