PDA

View Full Version : Changing the spec.

73kingstonroad
03-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi...

I ordered my car on the 7/4/09 and I think it's gone confirmed this week.
Do you think I will be able to add the S Tronic Gear Box to the order or is it too late.
I have a Golf GTI at the moment with the DSG Gear Box and it's fantastic.
I think I'll really miss having the DSG because it's so easy to drive.
I've worked all the prices out and I can just about afford it.
What's your thoughts on it.
I will contact the dealer on Tuesday after the bank holiday and see what they say.

Martin

ScottyUK
03-05-2009, 09:50 AM
I doubt it. Since mine took 8 weeks in total of which a few weeks were delivery I think you'll be lucky.

Add to this that they'll be pushing through the builds so that they can have the May shut down and then prepare for the 2010 builds then I think you'll be very fortunate if they let you.

If anything they may say yes and then delay the build to 2010 and you'll have to pay the new prices.

Good luck with it.

73kingstonroad
03-05-2009, 11:08 AM
I doubt it. Since mine took 8 weeks in total of which a few weeks were delivery I think you'll be lucky.

Add to this that they'll be pushing through the builds so that they can have the May shut down and then prepare for the 2010 builds then I think you'll be very fortunate if they let you.

If anything they may say yes and then delay the build to 2010 and you'll have to pay the new prices.

Good luck with it.

Hi...

My car will be built in wk 25 (June 17th) and will be a MY10.
I'm after adding the S Tronic Gear Box, So more cash to audi.
I'll ring and find out on Tuesday.

As for a shut down in May, I've asked this question with Audi Uk and they know nothing of this.

Martin

onemanparty
04-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Hi...

My car will be built in wk 25 (June 17th) and will be a MY10.
I'm after adding the S Tronic Gear Box, So more cash to audi.
I'll ring and find out on Tuesday.

As for a shut down in May, I've asked this question with Audi Uk and they know nothing of this.

Martin

There is no shut down in May :confused: Model year changes do not stop production only New Models i.e. B7 to B8

73kingstonroad
04-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi...

I have been intouch with the Audi dealership yesterday about adding the S Tronic to my order. The salesman I spoke to is getting the sales manager to ring me. So I may know something today or if not tomorrow for sure...

Fingers crossed he can get it sorted for me.

Martin

onemanparty
04-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi...

I have been intouch with the Audi dealership yesterday about adding the S Tronic to my order. The salesman I spoke to is getting the sales manager to ring me. So I may know something today or if not tomorrow for sure...

Martin

Just hope your order is not Production confirmed because if it is you can not amend.

73kingstonroad
05-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi...

Martin

RESULT !!!

Both the dealer and Audi (UK) have confirmed that the S Tronic has now been added to my order...

I was on the phone with the sales manager (God IMO) at the time and could hear him talking to the sales guy while he was amending it...
I could hear him saying something about 'unpacking the order' adding the S Tronic and the 're packing it'... Then I heard him say it's been brought forward a week to week 24.
Later on I rang Audi (UK) and checked.... YES YES YES to all my options and he confirmed it was both Quattro and S Tronic, also that the confirmed build week was now wk 24....

Well pleased...

I will be at the dealers on Thursday to drop my car off as part of the deal and will get then to print me off a new spec sheet / order.

Martin

73kingstonroad
05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Best get my signature adjusted.... I don't want to mislead people... DO I

Martin