PDA

View Full Version : MFSW And iPod Dock

mjom89
01-05-2009, 05:30 PM
I managed to get hold of the MFSW and all of the modules, wireing, control stalks and an iPod dock for £40 recently.

I have fitted it all, and the MFSW works great, and as it should. I replaced the right hand wiper stalk with the one without the buttons as this is not done on the steering wheel.

Now i was told that the wheel would not work until it was programmed... but it does, so no complaints here, but what is a problem is that i cannot clear the ESP and Reduced Power Steering warning light.

A guide i found told me that these lights would come on but that they should be easy to clear, but they will not go!

I have the steering sensor that was removed from the donor car sitting on my desk as i used my originial one, and was wondering if this could be the problem? I didnt really want to take it all apart again if this wasnt going to work?

What do people think?

Thanks,

Matthew

Ben
01-05-2009, 07:09 PM
the info you need i have seen i a how to guide somewhere. its a combination of turning the steering lock to lock to reset the 'centre'.

You have some searching and reading to do this evening.

mjom89
01-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Thank you for your reply. I read that how to guide too, and have tried re setting centre but no joy. I cannot get the ESP light to go out either so im guessing i need somebody with a computer now!

shaft-50
02-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Hi, dont know if you have seen/tried this. Check this link out http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/156872.aspx

The following dash lights will light up and stay on constantly:

Power steering
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b93/sukh16v/steeringkh4.gif
ESP:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b93/sukh16v/anglevb2.gif

At this stage you probably brick it.
Dont worry this doesnt mean messing with VAG COM or a trip to the dealers.
To estinguish the Power steering light do the following:
One full lock of the steering wheel to the left
Straighten the wheel
One full lock to the right
Straighten wheel
Drive foward not goin over 5 MPH and the light should go out.
This needs to be done because the Steering angle sensor was knocked out due to the slip ring being moved.
The other light simply press the ESP button, turn off the car, Start the car and press the ESP button again and it should go out.
If they don't then this means you will have to go to the dealer to have it reset unless you are a wizz with trusty VAG COM.

Hope this helps !

shaft-50
02-05-2009, 05:59 PM
ps, if you find another bargain like that, pm. you could give me a hand in doing mine as been after the mfsw option for ages now. :beerchug:

mjom89
03-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I will do! I know i was really lucky finding that car! It had been sitting in the salvage yard for weeks not cleared on insurance so i was in there regullary asking if it was clear.

It was an exact match as well, no paddles, manual, cruise control off a 57 plate Golf, so i knew the control module would be right.

Just got to clear these poxy faults but thats only a small price to pay!