PDA

View Full Version : Please Help passat 130 tdi intercooler pipe keeps blowing off

kirkyoke
30-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi all,
new on here but hope you can help, i have a 2001 passat tdi 130 & last week the intercooler pipe blew off (the one from the inlet manifold to intercooler behind n/s headlamp). upon close inspection i noticed tha the u type clip was broken so i got a new one from the dealers. Anyway 20 miles on it has done it again, the ears on the pipe are not worn, could this be a blocked intercooler? overboosting or some other thing? please help if you can, regards,
dave :1zhelp:

martin1810
30-04-2009, 09:50 PM
It's possible the MAP sensor isn't working properly and you are over boosting. This should put you in limp mode and show up as a code. I would get a code read done, change the MAP sensor and eventually consider the possibility of a blocked intercooler.

kirkyoke
30-04-2009, 10:03 PM
thanks for the quick reply mate, not been in limp mode yet, just loses power & black smokes when it comes off behind the headlamp, no eml light, anyway will try my sykes pickavant reader tomorrow & see if it has thrown any codes up, a friend of mine has the same car & his pipe does not fit as tight as mine yet he has no problems with it, will keep you posted thanks again, ;)

DIGIT55
12-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi Kirkyoke
didi you find out what it was as my friends has just done the same .
Thanks