PDA

View Full Version : 1996 golf cabriolet hood fault

starsky101
27-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Power hood does not work when switch pressed. Fluid levels in pump ok, I can operate it manually and have checked hydraulic lock in correct position, pump spins up (so it's not an electical fault) but hood doesn't move whether its up or down !

Is there a bleed point?, is the pump serviceable? Do I need to prime pump?

Any help would be gratefully received.

vinylbabe
28-03-2007, 09:11 PM
i have the same problem only my golf is a 99...where is this fluid pump that you talk about :Blush2:

starsky101
30-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Its in the boot on left hand side behind a cover that you have to unscrew. Only 4 screws,

vinylbabe
31-03-2007, 11:08 AM
cheers mate, i'll have a look at that today ;)

fraz
10-04-2007, 03:46 PM
hi all - i too have the same problem on a newly aquired convertible. When i press the switch to lower roof - nothing happens and i can hear no noises of pump trying to work etc. So i assume i need to replace the pump - how much would one cost roughly and how easy are they to fit? Also can the exisiting pump be reconditioned? finally is there anything i can check to establish any other causes eg. fuse or elctriucal fault etc

many thx for any help in advance

fraz
20-04-2007, 03:45 PM
bump! can anyone help pls - i don't have an owners manual to locate the fuse?> have cheked the fuses under dash on drivers side but nothing labelled up for the hood. regards fraz

chil
30-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi all, newbie to this forum. My wife has got a 1995 golf cabrio so I seem to be doing the rounds on the forums for her. Anyway, we have had a few probs with hoods and electric windows and have found that there isn't an obvious fuse for the hood. Our hood had problems because the brown and red wire from the ignition switch had become faulty, which caused problems with the stereo and the hood. Easily overcome by splicing it to another wire connected to the ignition switch, we now have a convertible that can power the hood without turning the engine off. We have also befriended a local car sparky who is very well priced and is not a money grabber, anyone who wants his number just pm me.