PDA

View Full Version : 2.7 TDi 2006 engine service schedules

gladholm
30-04-2009, 08:38 AM
About to buy an A6 Avant 2.7 TDi 2006 (manual) to upgrade my 2.5TDi '99. ( now 190000m :D)

At 56000m what are the next major service schedule requirements?
My old 2.5TDi had a habit for rubber every 80000 which included water pumps and front engine off. £££. Is the 2.7 engine any different?

And are the MAF problems more reliable on the newer engine?

Grateful for any comments
It's a good 'un yes?

paul b
30-04-2009, 02:59 PM
About to buy an A6 Avant 2.7 TDi 2006 (manual) to upgrade my 2.5TDi '99. ( now 190000m :D)

At 56000m what are the next major service schedule requirements?
My old 2.5TDi had a habit for rubber every 80000 which included water pumps and front engine off. £££. Is the 2.7 engine any different?

And are the MAF problems more reliable on the newer engine?

Grateful for any comments
It's a good 'un yes?
Don't know what you're on about MAF problems, I have 3 TDIs and none of them have had new MAFs fitted, they're all genuine MAFs, that might be why. I do hear of problems with MAFs but so many times people replace them due to mis-diagnosis.

At 60k miles the timing belt should be done, however I'm not sure if the new 2.7s are belt or chain driven. If you supply your engine code found on the ID label in the spare wheel well or in the front cover of the service book then Peter D or Crasher may be able to help. Then of course there is the air filter, oil filter, oil, fuel filter and pollen filter to change.

While you're looking for the ID label in the well, see if its had rear end bodywork. A tell tale sign could be that they've painted over the sticker, like someone has done to my Octavia before I bought it.

If the car is a Quattro have a look for uneven tyre wear. Assuming the tyres were fitted at the same time, if they have varying wear on the same axle then there may be wheel alignment problems.