PDA

View Full Version : Audi going bankrupt in 8 days?

Jay4
29-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Hello, this is my first post and the main reason I joined this forum was to get your oppinions on this matter.
I was just drving home a few hours ago when I quickly flicked over the radio to radio 1 where the news was on, and it was saying something like if Audi D or V (couldn't hear it 100%) dont get the funds they need to carry on within 8 days then they wll be forced into administration!
I couldn't beleive what I was hearing and Im serverly hoping I've heard wrong as I've just bought an audi 4 days ago, if so wont this devalue majorly? And its made me wonder if the guy I bought the car off already new about this and thats why he sold it!

Thoughts and oppinions on the matter would be greatly appreciated? Has anybody else heard anything about this? let me know thanks.

Col
29-04-2009, 08:53 PM
The company is LDV vans, not Audi.

onzarob
29-04-2009, 09:13 PM
The company is LDV vans, not Audi.

I second that :D LDV are owned by a Russian Company and can't get funding..Its not the first time LDV have been in trouble.

kodkod.84
29-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Not surprised they are crap vans- I had one as a rental when I moved into my flat, was really hoping for a Crafter or Sprinter but no such luck :biglaugh:

Crasher
29-04-2009, 09:52 PM
800 more English manufacturing jobs down the drain because of a pathetic useless weak and ineffectual government. If it was in France or Germany they would say pahh to the rules and help them, absolutely pathetic and the Maxus was a decent van as well. Plus, how many jobs will go at suppliers of things like axles, gearboxes, brakes and in Italy, the engine manufacturer VM? Makes my blood boil!

Jay4
29-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Oh thank god! lol, you dont how happy I am to hear that! :D thanks!

Vwsteve76
30-04-2009, 02:04 AM
If are government was like the french govrenment, I bet MGROVER still be going today only British car company we had should never have been let too go:sadwavey:. By the way used be a Rover man before my VW`s:approve:.

zf44
30-04-2009, 07:19 AM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Van-Maker-LDV-To-Apply-To-Enter-Administration-After-Management-Buy-Out-Plans-Fall-Through/Article/200904415271575?lpos=Business_Second_Home_Page_Art icle_Teaser_Region_7&lid=ARTICLE_15271575_Van_Maker_LDV_To_Apply_To_Ent er_Administration_After_Management_Buy-Out_Plans_Fall_Through

LDV have now applied for administration. Their Russian parent company (owned by an oil rich billionaire) has washed their hands with them - same story as TVR. LDV only sold 39 vans between January and March which made it difficult to survive, I feel more sorry to see workers go rather than the product.

NickPicks
30-04-2009, 08:47 AM
I quickly flicked over the radio to radio 1 where the news was on, and it was saying something like if Audi D or V (couldn't hear it 100%) dont get the funds they need to carry on within 8 days then they wll be forced into administration!

I think you need a radio upgrade! :biglaugh:

Audi / LD, or perhaps the budget supermarket Aldi.

Jay4
30-04-2009, 11:54 AM
I think you need a radio upgrade! :biglaugh:

Audi / LD, or perhaps the budget supermarket Aldi.

Lol I know, either that, or I just need my ear drum filters changing! and I thought an audi concert stereo was supose to be pretty good <.< >.> :Blush2: lol.
Oh well, I may of made abit of shambles of my very first post on here, but just hear the fact that I couldn't possibly be any further away from the truth (LDV lol :p) if I tried, is very good to hear, and was well worth the embarrassment. :D

onzarob
30-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Oh well, I may of made abit of shambles of my very first post on here,

I think you made a very good first post and a we all know you now.;):D

kodkod.84
30-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Yep made me smile :)

I doubt Audi will be going bankrupt anytime soon- they are going for proper worldwide domination in the premium car sector at the moment.

onemanparty
02-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Yep made me smile :)

I doubt Audi will be going bankrupt anytime soon- they are going for proper worldwide domination in the premium car sector at the moment.

Yes and the 2 billion euro profit last year. Beat BMW and Mercedes in the UK in the First quarter of this year. I think once A1 is launched in 2010 they will dominated the Premium sector

hagis
05-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm sure that Porsche would be in to buy them out if VAG ever got in to trouble.

Crasher
05-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Apart from the government of Lower Saxony owning a huge stake as well.