PDA

View Full Version : A5 Real world fuel consumption

bryno
29-04-2009, 03:42 PM
OK Guys I'm in the market for an A5 2.0 TFSi (211PS) or 2.7TDi, they don't appear to make the 2.0Tdi any more?, I do occaisonally tow a caravan/boat. Looking at the brochure the fuel consumption for the petrol is 42.8 and the diesel 44.1 for the 2wd cars but the diesel is about £3k dearer in basic spec. Appreciating that the diesel has only about 12.5% more torque the choice seems an o brainer ie petrol.

Question is what are people getting in mpg for all three cars mentioned above, I find the Audi brochure figures unlikley?

I do admit my current A4 Avant 2.5Tdi did not return anywhere near the 40mpg figure quoted by Audi until it had gone past 50k miles

haf
01-05-2009, 01:52 PM
OK Guys I'm in the market for an A5 2.0 TFSi (211PS) or 2.7TDi, they don't appear to make the 2.0Tdi any more?

I have ordered the 2.0TDI (170) and it arrives in a weeks time so will let you know the mpg. Its a new model so not sure why you think its obsolete.

onemanparty
01-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I collect my A5 2.0TDI Sline on the 11th May. So they better still make it

haf
01-05-2009, 03:07 PM
I collect my A5 2.0TDI Sline on the 11th May. So they better still make it

Bizarrely I have just been informed that my delivery date is now also 11th May - A5 2.0TDi sport.
No doubt we will post our observations here. Its my first ever audi so that will be interesting (lexus and merc previously)

onemanparty
01-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Bizarrely I have just been informed that my delivery date is now also 11th May - A5 2.0TDi sport.
No doubt we will post our observations here. Its my first ever audi so that will be interesting (lexus and merc previously)

I'm sure you will love it :approve:

sr-performance
13-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi mate,
go for the diesel if your towing, i dont think a petrol model will get anywhere near the mpg stated and with a remap on a diesel you can benefit even more with more torque for towing, more bhp, but will make it so much smoother to drive and more economical.. :beerchug:

stev

onemanparty
13-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Hi mate,
go for the diesel if your towing, i dont think a petrol model will get anywhere near the mpg stated and with a remap on a diesel you can benefit even more with more torque for towing, more bhp, but will make it so much smoother to drive and more economical.. :beerchug:
stev

Be careful with the 2.0tdi lovely car apart from the Torque steer but I am getting used to it

Neerazan
22-05-2009, 12:40 PM
If you haven't already, go to the www.A5OC.com (http://www.A5OC.com) forums. Only A/S5's on there and loads of really useful information (some even provided by me, for a change!)

There is a thread on fuel consumption on there but I can't get onto the site from work today. I'll see if I can find teh thread and post it up for you.

Alternatively you can go have a look around there and see if you can find it. :o

haf
27-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Had the 20TDi foe 2 weeks now and love it. Aside from the slightly heavy power steering I have no complaints at all. I am a pretty gentle driver and generally stick to the speed limits (too many points already). Anyway I am getting around 55mpg on mostly motorway/A-roads driving and around 45 with inner city driving. Can't complain really.

onemanparty
27-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Had the 20TDi foe 2 weeks now and love it. Aside from the slightly heavy power steering I have no complaints at all. I am a pretty gentle driver and generally stick to the speed limits (too many points already). Anyway I am getting around 55mpg on mostly motorway/A-roads driving and around 45 with inner city driving. Can't complain really.

Agreed MPG is good around 50 for me not having any problems with Torque steer? apart from that I love the car just one problem Unfortunately I have some damage thanks to parking my car at the airport last week :aargh4: Respray to the front bumper that is all but its only 2 weeks only as your is!!!