PDA

View Full Version : Watch any video source on your Factory Audi MMI Satnav Screen

shamentroy
29-04-2009, 07:52 AM
just bought a Audi MMI Multimedia Video Interface A6 A8 Q7 but hav'nt fitted it in my 2004 a8 3.0tdi . the Interface is a revolutionary product that allows you to integrate an external Video source to your cars factory fitted MMI Screen. Once connected it gives you the ability to connect an In car DVD player, Games Console (such as Playstation2 or Xbox), iPod Video, Digital TV Tuner, Rear View Camera, Car Navigation GPS etc to keep your passengers entertained. The Multimedia Interface has a total of 3 Video inputs, rear camera input, video out (for connecting to additional external screens) and RGB connection to add Satellite Navigation if you do not have a factory fitted option. The interface does not replace your original System - it offers perfect integration to maintain your OEM appearance. The interface connects direcly to the MMI so you can select video source using the MMI Controls.
I was wondering if any one had fitted one of thease xcarlink video interface yet ?

shamentroy
30-04-2009, 08:27 PM
just bought a audi mmi multimedia video interface a6 a8 q7 but hav'nt fitted it in my 2004 a8 3.0tdi . The interface is a revolutionary product that allows you to integrate an external video source to your cars factory fitted mmi screen. Once connected it gives you the ability to connect an in car dvd player, games console (such as playstation2 or xbox), ipod video, digital tv tuner, rear view camera, car navigation gps etc to keep your passengers entertained. The multimedia interface has a total of 3 video inputs, rear camera input, video out (for connecting to additional external screens) and rgb connection to add satellite navigation if you do not have a factory fitted option. The interface does not replace your original system - it offers perfect integration to maintain your oem appearance. The interface connects direcly to the mmi so you can select video source using the mmi controls.
i was wondering if any one had fitted one of thease xcarlink video interface yet ? just a update . Autosounds are fitting this for me £90 (next week).

tigerstyle
05-02-2010, 03:38 PM
just bought a Audi MMI Multimedia Video Interface A6 A8 Q7 but hav'nt fitted it in my 2004 a8 3.0tdi . the Interface is a revolutionary product that allows you to integrate an external Video source to your cars factory fitted MMI Screen. Once connected it gives you the ability to connect an In car DVD player, Games Console (such as Playstation2 or Xbox), iPod Video, Digital TV Tuner, Rear View Camera, Car Navigation GPS etc to keep your passengers entertained. The Multimedia Interface has a total of 3 Video inputs, rear camera input, video out (for connecting to additional external screens) and RGB connection to add Satellite Navigation if you do not have a factory fitted option. The interface does not replace your original System - it offers perfect integration to maintain your OEM appearance. The interface connects direcly to the MMI so you can select video source using the MMI Controls.
I was wondering if any one had fitted one of thease xcarlink video interface yet ?

i m thinking of getting the xcarlink for my car but not quit brave enough yet to do the D.I.Y lol ( i m usless with electric ) here a link that i ve found which my help . If you or anyone else gets round to fitting it keep us posted

i m off to find a pair BALLS and buy a beginners guide on basic electric :biglaugh:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311795 (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311795)

zsharmask
14-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi, i bought and installed the xcarlink AV interface yesterday, i bought it from ebay.
The only bit i am struggling with is where do you connect the reverse wire to. Can anyone help please or is it glaring obvious and i have just missed it from the instructions, please help. Cheers