PDA

View Full Version : t-cut ???

richieokeefe1
28-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Hi

could someone tell me the best t-cut to use on my 2001 audi s3 ...should I bother or is there a company that can do this , I live in the Reading area

cheers

Richie

NickPicks
29-04-2009, 09:46 AM
You'd better tell us what sort of paint it has (solid colour or metallic with laquer overcost) and why you think it needs some sort of paint correction (swirl marks, faded, scratches etc)

And what colour it is.

onzarob
30-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Personally, I would try some Autoglym Super Resin polish first, it fills light scratches without being abbrasive and will help you decide how bad the paint is.

There is lots of info about paint correction, but I would leave any mechanical solutions to the pro's

Rob:D

paul b
01-05-2009, 03:30 PM
What colour is the car?

I used to like T-Cut but have gone off it totally. As Onzy says, the Autoglym stuff seems good, I have some of the resin polish too. I am looking forward to using Farecla G10 which was recommended to me, maybe you could try it too. :)

Christian6984
10-05-2009, 08:01 PM
T cut is very to aggressive and very out dated, i would look at something else

onzarob
10-05-2009, 09:04 PM
T cut is very to aggressive and very out dated, i would look at something else

I think they do amodern version, But T-cut original is Ace with cellulose paint :D

Christian6984
10-05-2009, 10:23 PM
its been designed to be a heavy cutting compound designed for the removal of severe marks. it induces its own marring and you would need to refine it with a lighter cutting polish. If you were trying to remove light swirl marks then you would be better looking at Meguiars Scratch X first.

spartacus 68
10-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi

could someone tell me the best t-cut to use on my 2001 audi s3 ...should I bother or is there a company that can do this , I live in the Reading area

cheers

Richie

I'll put money on it being red S3! As suggested, T-Cut is a little outdated, especially if you're talking about tackling the whole car.

I used to use T-Cut (many moons ago) for minor scratches or bird-lime marks, but not for full body panels. T-Cut also do a metallic version which doesn't damage the clear topcoat.

Assuming it's a non-metallic colour, car needs to be washed, wipe-dried with a damp cloth, clayed and lower panels treated with tar spot remover. I've just used Menzerna 203 polish (with rotary polisher), and the results are stunning. Did my wife's A2 (finished in Cobalt Blue, which is a dark metallic blue - almost black). Wipe off with a microfibre cloth, then seal it with Maguires Carnuba wax.

Glass treated with Autoglym glass polish, which I still think is one of the best products on the market, for a smear-free finish.