PDA

View Full Version : Retrofit Arm Rest - 2003 A4 Avant

ali_a4_avant
28-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi guys, looking for a bit of help. I would like to get the Drivers Arm Rest for my A4 Avant retrofitted.

First of all I need to get one, does anyone know where is best, I imagine they can be quite expensive from Audi Main Dealers (also dont know if will look right putting a brand new part in to a 6 year old interior), but if anyone has bought one themselves would be interesting to hear how you got on.

Can it be done easily as a DIY job, or does anyone know who can fit it for me, I live in Chester (Cheshire).

Thanks for your help.

Alistair

JohnyIre
28-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Is very possible. There are a few guides on here on how to do it. Scrap yard may be an idea of where to search for one. Looking myself atm but with no luck thus far.

docurley
28-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Ebay is the best place to look for one and fitting is quite easy, once you remover the trim you will see on the underside a template of where you need to cut and the arm just bolts down in place, just make sure you get the foot with the arm rest.

skdotcom
28-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I retrofitted an armrest on a 2004 avant last year. I followed a guide I downloaded off the internet. It was a pig pulling the existing trim apart, and was very nervous about cutting into the plastic, but i done it in under 2 hours and it looks fab. Got my armrest from vagparts (R.I.P). I think it was about £150.

a8 tech
28-04-2009, 08:10 PM
The genuine kits i get from audi are £135 including the template.I have a brand new black leather lid for sale from the last one i fitted,they always come with cloth lids as standard

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Audi-A4-Armrest-Kit_W0QQitemZ260397982959QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260397982959&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A2|240%3A13 18

fifer1981
28-04-2009, 11:32 PM
yep got mine from audi aswell, they come with a card template that you sit on the place the arm rest go's so you can mark it up and cut it out with out removing any large pieces of your trim :D altho mine come in just over £200 as i have the grey (swing) interior and the kit only comes in at the £135 price as black :mad:

the instructions dont say nowt but theres a red led light inside the arm rest as well which you can wire in to the illumination loom of the cigarette lighter socket. looks good at night when you open it and its illuminated red :D

took me about half hour to fit then another fifteen to get the wiring routed and connected for the light realy easy to do. if you have to buy any colour other than black then they wont come with the diy instructions or the templated for cutting out but a friendly parts dept will let you photo copy it or as mine did borrow it to mark up then gave them it back