PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 1.9 tdi Quattro Sport Engine problems

theshowboat
28-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Car is 2002. We have had a number of problems for a while now but the latest issues are these.

1. the car goes into limp mode frequently, although turning off and back on again fixes it. I've taken it to the audi dealership and paid for a diagnostics test and they said it needed a new turbo as the wastegate actuator has seized. I've then taken it to an independent garage and they checked the wastegate and it was fine, moving as expected ( they showed me it moving to prove it ). The car is still having the same problem. In addition in the last couple of days, when accelerating the turbo is making a really loud noise, not the usual dump valve sound but it sounds like air is wooooooshing out ( poor description sorry ). I really don't want to pay for a new turbo as i'm not convinced that is the problem. Any ideas????

2. In addition to above the car in the last couple of days won't start. It takes 3 - 4 attempts before it finally limps into life. in addition it cut out a couple of times whilst driving it. Again any ideas.