PDA

View Full Version : Milltek Exchausts looking for a B8 20tfsi

dorosth
27-04-2009, 09:06 PM
http://www.millteksport.com/news.read.cfm?articleid=111

see article anyone of you B8 owners interested. sound interesting!!!

ScottyUK
27-04-2009, 10:14 PM
That's top news!! :beerchug:

I emailed them a month or so ago and the 10th April I got this response :

"Thank you for your enquiry and your kind words, unfortunately we do not have or intend to produce a Milltek system for your application at this time. If we were to see a large Increase in demand for the Audi A4 B8 system we would review our decision."

I've just checked the email I sent and I didn't mention quattro. Seems strange they didn't check back with me though.

As it is, this temporary car would have been great to lend to them....apart from it's only FWD :mad:

Fingers crossed it'll be ready for when my quattro arrives :D

p.s. I'm still waiting on a response from Audi as to why for over 12 months they've been advertising rolled chrome exhausts on S-lines but have been producing large steel ones instead. Have no other S-line owners queried this ?:confused:

Jop
27-04-2009, 10:23 PM
p.s. I'm still waiting on a response from Audi as to why for over 12 months they've been advertising rolled chrome exhausts on S-lines but have been producing large steel ones instead. Have no other S-line owners queried this ?:confused:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I just assumed that they were chrome. The stainless ones dont look bad.

ScottyUK
27-04-2009, 10:45 PM
If they were stainless then I'd agree. Mine aren't stainless or at least if they are they're not polished or stain free. They're 80mm in diameter which is large and apparently Audi introduced them to replacement the chrome ones.

The problem is at this size you can't even buy a simple chrome cover.

The brochure continues to advertise chrome ones. Could it be an accident? Well yes it could but I know someone who works at a dealers who advised them of this a year ago so why haven't they sorted it. I can't be the first to not be impressed.

I've asked Audi to explain it as it would appear to be a case of mis-selling.

I'm simply not happy with these :( :

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5739&stc=1&d=1240868516

p.s. The flash makes them look better than they are. This picture was taken after the car had done a total of 10 miles

gregpawley
28-04-2009, 12:15 AM
p.s. I'm still waiting on a response from Audi as to why for over 12 months they've been advertising rolled chrome exhausts on S-lines but have been producing large steel ones instead. Have no other S-line owners queried this ?:confused:

My March 1st 2.0T S line came with rolled chrome and look fine.

Audi A4 2.0T, Lava Grey, Piano black inserts, S Line Executive, Heated front seats, Bang & Olufsen, Telephone prep low, Parking Plus, Hill hold assist, Cruise control, Interior light package, Folding mirrors.
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/applied/misc/progress.gif

Plife
28-04-2009, 05:56 AM
http://www.millteksport.com/news.read.cfm?articleid=111

see article anyone of you B8 owners interested. sound interesting!!!

Will drop them a mail, but probably will be too late!

Mine are chrome so I have no issue!

ScottyUK
28-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Do any of you with chrome tips on S-line cars have Avants?

I think it may be related to the different exhaust. i.e. I have one pipe each side of the car

Jop
28-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Do any of you with chrome tips on S-line cars have Avants?

I think it may be related to the different exhaust. i.e. I have one pipe each side of the car

Yes... I must have chrome then. (2009 2.0TFSI Sline Avant)

Mine do NOT look like these horrible things.
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5739&stc=1&d=1240868516

(i'll get a pic when I get home)

ScottyUK
28-04-2009, 10:20 AM
These were on the new S-line cars at the dealers. Maybe the change was after yours was made.

At least if yours are different we can prove that they've changed the spec....but not the brochure.

I don't think you'll get chrome on your new car :(

Jop
28-04-2009, 11:51 AM
take a look at this pic from another thread.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b299/martininwillerby/Audi%20A4/126.jpg

this is a 2010 and the exhausts look like rolled chrome.
(TDI though)

ScottyUK
28-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Certainly does. Maybe they'll buy me a Milltek instead :D

jakerade
29-04-2009, 09:03 AM
I wonder if they realise that the saloon and the avant 2.0TFSI have different exhausts?

Plife
29-04-2009, 05:55 PM
In contact with Miltek now regarding this. Hopefully just need to sort out a date :biglaugh:

dorosth
29-04-2009, 08:50 PM
excellent Plife.....maybe you can ask them if i can have a discounted set for my B7 as i put you in contact :)

ScottyUK
30-04-2009, 12:02 AM
If you are speaking to them can you ask if they'll be doing a LHD exhaust for the 2.0T. My friends in the US are interested ;)

Plife
30-04-2009, 07:53 AM
excellent Plife.....maybe you can ask them if i can have a discounted set for my B7 as i put you in contact :)

I can try but don't hold your breath. Thanks for the link in the first place :biglaugh:

If you are speaking to them can you ask if they'll be doing a LHD exhaust for the 2.0T. My friends in the US are interested ;)

I was not aware there would be any difference! I'll ask once I get it all sorted.

jakerade
30-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Just picking up on my comment above again, doesnt the 2.0 TFSI avant have an exhaust on each side and the saloon twin pipes on ones side only?

Just amused that they state it doesnt matter if its a saloon or an avant in their advert!

ScottyUK
30-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Maybe they want both or maybe they've already got the tail sections covered and just need to work on the manifold down pipes and or mid section?

jakerade
30-04-2009, 11:48 AM
i presumed they were after a quattro as the routing at the back is probably more complex (rear driveshafts - not that you would know about them:() ? i think it splits just before the rear drive shafts so it would make a difference

AZO1
30-04-2009, 03:39 PM
That's top news!! :beerchug:

I emailed them a month or so ago and the 10th April I got this response :

"Thank you for your enquiry and your kind words, unfortunately we do not have or intend to produce a Milltek system for your application at this time. If we were to see a large Increase in demand for the Audi A4 B8 system we would review our decision."

I've just checked the email I sent and I didn't mention quattro. Seems strange they didn't check back with me though.

As it is, this temporary car would have been great to lend to them....apart from it's only FWD :mad:

Fingers crossed it'll be ready for when my quattro arrives :D

The dealer actually raised the issue when I collected the car (A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI) in mid-March & he promised to follow up with Audi. Subsequently, he has indicated that Audi should be supplying some rolled chrome tail pipes that the dealer will fit. However, still waiting for the confirmation that the dealer has received these from Audi.

ScottyUK
30-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Good to know that it's not only my query in with them. ;)

Don't hold your breath on the response from them. :(

allanmmck
02-05-2009, 09:11 PM
My 1st March 2009 2.0 TFSi Saloon has chromed exhausts

topper33
08-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Collected my car on wednesday (what a car!!) and my dealer told me of the mix-up with the chrome covers, as in they don`t fit the 80mm pipes that are on mine. He rang me back this morning to tell me that the parts were on order and he`ll give me a ring in a week to book it in to "swap them over", which by that i take as they will have to cut the 80mm`s off and weld on the 65mm`s that the chrome covers will fit on. I`ll Keep u all posted.

Plife
08-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Got mine booked in for the Miltek exhaust on 15 June.

dorosth
08-05-2009, 08:15 PM
hey! welll done Plife do let us know how it all goes!!!!

dorosth
08-05-2009, 10:42 PM

....and dont forget to ask for my discount as i am seriously considering it!:D

Plife
08-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Just had to re-arrange this for 6 July.... :zx11:

ScottyUK
08-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Why the delay? :confused:

Plife
08-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Why the delay? :confused:
It was booked in next week, but I have to go to a funeral in Southampton so can't get to Derby to pick it up, plus I need the car that day. The next date Miltek could do was 6 July due to holidays.

ScottyUK
08-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Sorry to hear that ..... on all counts :(

73kingstonroad
08-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Hi...

Have you had a look at these...

http://www.mijperformance.com

Good price, build quality and more options.

Martin

Plife
08-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi...

Have you had a look at these...

http://www.mijperformance.com

Good price, build quality and more options.

Martin
Not seen them or heard of them before. Prices look good, but not better than free :beerchug:

73kingstonroad
08-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Not seen them or heard of them before. Prices look good, but not better than free :beerchug:

FREE !!!

How come...

Have you been the test mule they advertised for.

Martin

PS. Can you get me one for next month.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Plife
08-06-2009, 07:48 PM
FREE !!!

How come...

Have you been the test mule they advertised for.

Martin

PS. Can you get me one for next month.:biglaugh::biglaugh:
Yes I would be that test mule :biglaugh:

Plife
06-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Car dropped off at Milltek this morning, early start and set off at 5am!! They have already done development on the FWD so will use that as a base for the quattro.

Pick up on Friday :biglaugh:

dorosth
06-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Car dropped off at Milltek this morning, early start and set off at 5am!! They have already done development on the FWD so will use that as a base for the quattro.

Pick up on Friday :biglaugh:

Excellent! Finally the day has come!
Hope it all goes well and dont forget to put a good word for me i will be getting one soon any discount would be great under the current economic climate:beerchug:

Plife
09-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Pick it up tomorrow....can't wait :beerchug: