PDA

View Full Version : Question How can I bring some shine into my leathers

Zeb
27-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi all,

Today I decided to clean my leathers, so I used Meguiars conditioner/cleaner. It took off the greasiness but there is no shine :(

Can you guys and girls recommand any leather "SHINE" products?

Will upload pics tonite or 2moro.

JIGGY C
29-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi there, as a simple solution I clean my seats with a conditioner (Autoglym) then use (after 100% soaked/dried) some leather wipes. You can get these from Wilkos, Halfords etc - too be honest, I don't use them to clean - just shine!! And you can use them daily without getting your hands dirty!

JIGGY C
29-04-2009, 02:25 PM
On a seperate note as well, in the past i used to use saddle soap from horse/tackle shops to freshen up my leather seats - it takes a little effort but really does transform old seats for little cost

Zeb
29-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Sorry for the late reply.

Still havent cleaned up my leathers, although I did use one of the meguiars conditioner which took off the dirt. Will try the autoglym and wipes on the weekend.

Thanks for you advice :)

Zeb
16-06-2009, 01:55 PM
I used tesco value leather wipes. They did the job but had to use atleast 2 wipes per seat. Total 8!!!!

It gives out a strange smell like grape juice!!!!

elitedetailer
18-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi Zeb

I know its horses for courses and everything but why would you want your leather to look shiny?

New or well treated leather should have a slightly matt finish and old/dirty/tired looking leather looks shiny.

Regards
EliteDetailer :beerchug:

Zeb
18-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi Zeb

I know its horses for courses and everything but why would you want your leather to look shiny?

New or well treated leather should have a slightly matt finish and old/dirty/tired looking leather looks shiny.

Regards
EliteDetailer :beerchug:

Hello,

It sort of put me off when I saw my leathers dull and bland, so thats why I wanted some advice on how can I shine it up.