PDA

View Full Version : A4 Gearbox Warranty

meacham01
26-03-2007, 10:37 PM
I have owned Audis for a number of years, all of which have indicated that a service is required - either a fixed distance or variable. I have had taken it for service religiously and started having gearbox problems when I took the car in for my last service (47,000 miles). The garage has pointed out to me that they put on my last invoice that a gearbox oil change was required at 40,000 miles. I pointed out that this is not shown in the service schedule, only that it needs to be checked and topped up if necessary at 40,000 miles and that the dealer ticked the book to say they had done that. Audi UK and Smith Knight Fay in Bolton are both saying that it's out of warranty. Does anybody have any suggestions or advice on who I should go to? Thanks

dubelloy
27-03-2007, 05:42 AM
At least you are in Europe, I'm in Chile South America, and have the same problem in my 2003 1.8 Turbo A4 Multitronic (CVT). The transmission stop to working in a red light and i have to pull the car to the dealer. They said that is the gear box ECU, and as far I cand search on internet it's a common failure in this transmissions. My car has 40.000 kilometers, fully maintained in the oficial dealer, and i have found no response untill now. The car has been there for one month and a half waiting for a factory courtesy... How long do i have to wait?... I don't know, but the new ECU cost EUR 1.650,00 plus hand work at dealer. I think this is a robery.
Last week I wrote to AUDI.de they reply telling me that the Chilean Importer is going to contact me... What for? my car is their service and they can't do nothing...
I have found a workshop in the US that said they can fix my ECU. They are AUTOECU.com, and the rebuild cost will be about USD349 whith 3 year warranty (2 more than AUDI factory warrany).
By now i'm still waiting for my dealer (also the official importer) answer about my car.
When the car get fixed (if they can) i will sell it immediately and I don't think to get another again...
Fortunatelly I have other cars now, plus many other before and Never an unsolved problem. This is the first time, and in a soupoused to be "super car (Vosprung Duch Teknik)". What is the diference between AUDI and LADA, YUGO, or Chinesse cars??? Aha!!! THE PRICE (Maybe the others are better)
If any one knows how to get some factory answer and repair, please tell to us.
To who is thinking to buy an AUDI... Beware!!! and learn from those (us) who are now in troubles for buying a car with no factory support.