PDA

View Full Version : Best way to clean leather interior?

Dark Horse
27-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Have just noticed a few spots on the back of the drivers chair on the leather trim. Have tried removing these with soap and water which hasn't worked and just wanted to ask if anyone can recommend the best way of getting rid of the spots? :(

The leather isn't torn and the spots have no residue or abrasion, neither do they appear to be oil based or coloured in any way. It just looks like an ordinary bunch of water spots, the type you might find splattered if you shake a can of coke and open it.

Anyone got any ideas for removing them?

:1zhelp:

wmccann
27-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Auto Glymm make a good leather cleaner and protector - there are also other types out there - I got a great one from the US a few years back - will try to find it and let you know the make and brand.

Walter.

coolio
27-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Liquid leather got white paint off my black leather seats

Zeb
27-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Meguiars Leather cleaner/conditioner is really good.
Just used it on me leathers today, and took some dirt off it :)

Is there a product where the leather can bring some shine in it, atm it looks bland and no shine whatsoever :(

coolio
27-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Yes, liquid leather both the clenser first then the moisturiser make it greasy looking at first then you need to let it soak in for a day and then it's nice and shiny and the leather smell stays for months and months.

Mr_Meeks
28-04-2009, 09:44 AM
A sneaky lil tip is Facial Wipes or Make-Up wipes, they have a tiny bit of alcohol in them which cleans dirt off material and leather realy well.

Plife
28-04-2009, 09:54 AM
A sneaky lil tip is Facial Wipes or Make-Up wipes, they have a tiny bit of alcohol in them which cleans dirt off material and leather realy well.
Actually this is not a good thing for the leather!

My product of preference is Gliptone cleaner and conditioner.

Dark Horse
28-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Many thanks for the replies, I'll try out a proper leather cleaner as suggested.

Does anyone have any idea what these spots might be? I would have thought that anything water based like a fizzy drink would just wash off with soap but
what about anything with alcohol in? Would this stain?