PDA

View Full Version : electrical fault ibiza

eggbert2008
25-04-2009, 09:07 PM
a mate has a 2004 ibiza 1.2 with a strange electrical problem. the central locking is intermitant,but the main problem is when you start the car it fires up and runs normal until you press the brake pedal. then the dash lights start flickering on and off and if you switch the indicaters on with the pedal pressed the the indicaters start blinking real fast as if there is a bulb blown, but the second the pedal is released everything returns to normal. a real headmelter. i put a fault code reader on it and 2 codes came up,17925 main relay [j271] electrical malfuntion p1517. and 01336 data bus for comfort system static faulty. i cleared both codes but the data bus one keeps coming back everytime. anyone have any ideas? thank you.:confused:

VAGMAN54
27-04-2009, 07:05 PM
if you have access to vcds look in the can gateway it will do a scan of the can networks and tell you if there is a communication problem,if you have an oscilloscope you can check the signals on a two channell system to pin point a communication fault

eggbert2008
27-04-2009, 08:21 PM
if you have access to vcds look in the can gateway it will do a scan of the can networks and tell you if there is a communication problem,if you have an oscilloscope you can check the signals on a two channell system to pin point a communication faultno mate i wouldn't have access to anything that fancy. do u know what the comfort system does? and where the hell it is located? that wud be a great help. thanks.

VAGMAN54
27-04-2009, 08:35 PM
in basic terms it does the central locking,interior light control,alarm,interior monitoring,i dont know where it is on seat models ..sorry..have you looked on vcds locations the chances are there will be somebody close to you who can look at it for you.if your near canterbury in kent i will do it for you

eggbert2008
27-04-2009, 11:30 PM
in basic terms it does the central locking,interior light control,alarm,interior monitoring,i dont know where it is on seat models ..sorry..have you looked on vcds locations the chances are there will be somebody close to you who can look at it for you.if your near canterbury in kent i will do it for youcheers mate but i live in ireland.

VAGMAN54
28-04-2009, 06:55 PM
ha ha ....sorry mate i dont travel that far but good luck