PDA

View Full Version : DIS (FIS) configuration and issues

wmccann
25-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi All,

A few questions regarding the Driver information display:

1) Did the Audi engineer who design it fall asleep on the job? or is there some setting I can change? While it gives me lots of interesting information about average speeds, fuel consumption etc I can't get it to show me the distance traveled for a particular trip (setting 1 or 2). I find this very annoying as I never seem to have a calculator on me to multiply the average speed by the time.

2) How do I change it from mph to kph?

3) I have ordered a tyre pressure sensor kit from kufatec - have lost 2 tyres due to flats I didn't notice (the car has the RS4 rims and when you get a puncture you really don't notice it at all until you have destroyed the tyres!!!) Thought it would be cheaper to spend €400 on the kit than €150 on new tyres every few months!!! How do I setup the DIS to recognize I have the senors?

Thanks for your help,

Walter.

Marco34
25-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Hi All,

A few questions regarding the Driver information display:

1) Did the Audi engineer who design it fall asleep on the job? or is there some setting I can change? While it gives me lots of interesting information about average speeds, fuel consumption etc I can't get it to show me the distance traveled for a particular trip (setting 1 or 2). I find this very annoying as I never seem to have a calculator on me to multiply the average speed by the time.

2) How do I change it from mph to kph?

3) I have ordered a tyre pressure sensor kit from kufatec - have lost 2 tyres due to flats I didn't notice (the car has the RS4 rims and when you get a puncture you really don't notice it at all until you have destroyed the tyres!!!) Thought it would be cheaper to spend €400 on the kit than €150 on new tyres every few months!!! How do I setup the DIS to recognize I have the senors?

Thanks for your help,

Walter.

1. The trip is for that on the odometer! Reset that before you drive.

2. Perhaps using VCDS, never tried. I assume you live where it's KPH?

3. Again, you'll need VCDS to activate it.

benjie
26-04-2009, 12:32 AM
vmccann - I know what you mean about the distance travelled, my old MkIV Golf had it, but not my A4!