PDA

View Full Version : vag com problem

davecosworth
26-03-2007, 02:10 PM
just got my cable and my software today i have pluged it all in and evey time i try to connect it and test it it keeps comming up with the following ross-tech interface not found then interface not found this is when i try to connect via the usb option as my cable plugs in via the usb also i checked my ports and even when i put the usb as port com1 or com2 and select it via the vag com options it comes up with port ok but interface not found the led on the led is lit up but still nothink any help:1zhelp:

munster
02-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Plug the cable in the usb slot and go in to control panel, system, device manager and open ports.
If the drivers have been loaded it should show the cable and opening properties should show what com port it is active on. My non ross tech usb cable is com port 4, not usb.
Then once you know which port it is selct the corresponding one on the vag com interface, robert should then become your uncle.
Hope this helps.

davecosworth
02-04-2007, 05:30 PM
:o have sorted it now mate there was no power feed out of the car's port modded my 2x2 cable so i can have a seperate power feed if i get the same problem in future, all i now need to work out is how to turn off the service lights

shooey88
27-04-2007, 05:04 PM
you can do that without vag com lol...on any car older then 2003 you can do it manually by operating the dash controlls by resetting