PDA

View Full Version : S-Line 2.0 TDi Broken Road Spring

Hillbeley
24-04-2009, 10:17 AM
My wife has just bought a 3door 2005 8P 2.0TDi DSG S-Line and the first drive down a bumpy road showed a broken offside rear spring, dealer is fixing it as you'd expect, but is this common, the car has only done 21,000 miles and is immaculate - typical one careful owner stuff?

onemanparty
04-05-2009, 05:17 PM
My wife has just bought a 3door 2005 8P 2.0TDi DSG S-Line and the first drive down a bumpy road showed a broken offside rear spring, dealer is fixing it as you'd expect, but is this common, the car has only done 21,000 miles and is immaculate - typical one careful owner stuff?

Have had a number of A3's including A3 2.0TDI DSG Sport & 2.0TFSI Sport DSG. I have never had any problems with the Springs!!

grinch6301
01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
I have just found out today after a service that my A3 DSG 2.0TDI has a broken offside rear spring. Not happy!!! My car has done 73,000 miles and with the state of the roads after the harsh winter i'm not too suprised that the spring has broken. My only problem is that i really dont want to send my car to a main dealer to get fixed as i can change the spring myself but i'm unsure where to find a S-line spring from

roundwoodgarage
01-07-2010, 07:41 PM
I have just found out today after a service that my A3 DSG 2.0TDI has a broken offside rear spring. Not happy!!! My car has done 73,000 miles and with the state of the roads after the harsh winter i'm not too suprised that the spring has broken. My only problem is that i really dont want to send my car to a main dealer to get fixed as i can change the spring myself but i'm unsure where to find a S-line spring from

easy job on the rear, get the spring from the dealer, there will be coloured markes on the old spring make sure you know these b4 you go and order one.

roundwoodgarage
01-07-2010, 07:44 PM

with the bad winter it has done wonders to our roads, the extra salt also get into the spring seats(especially at the rear being more exposed) and acts as a grinding paste weakening the metal of the spring.

Hillbeley
01-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Can't help, the dealer fixed it before we paid!