PDA

View Full Version : Plenum chamber recall

Stu8
23-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Hi everyone,

Around August of last year my car was recalled by VW to have its plenum chamber modified (poked out), In January the fuel pump on my car failed taking the brakes. The car was taken into a garage and the repairs carried out. Last week the brakes on my car failed again, this time the brake servo was at fault, on inspection it was rusted on the inside. Now, when the mechanic checked the plenum chamber he found it had not been modified as the recall suggested. Speaking to a local VW engineer the fuel pump and brake servo both failed as a result of water build up due to the plenum chamber blockage. Can I ask VW to contribute towards the money I have spent on the car since January?

Any help appreciated.

Stu

Stu8
23-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Just read the invoice for the plenum chamber recall, states that the plenum chamber was cleared not modified as I thought it stated, very much doubt VW would contribute toward the bill so just going to forget it and enjoy having my car back. Going to keep the car for a long time anyway, so it's a good thing i'm replacing all these parts now, means less to worry about in the future. I can start spending money on modifying it now everything has been done :D