PDA

View Full Version : Remap and DSG

mk4gtiturbo
23-04-2009, 02:41 PM
My last few cars have been remapped including my mk4 1.8 turbo so it is inevitable that this one will get a remap at some point! I never had any problems with the mk4 and would quite like the same place to map the Passat.

Has anyone remapped a 2.0 TDI PD 140 with DSG? Or any other engine with DSG gearbox?

I'm concerned that it'll put extra strain on the gearbox, and I'm pretty sure they are very expensive to fix. Figures could be 180 - 185 bhp and 310 - 320 lb.ft.

INDAYARD
24-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Had my Golf V 170GT TDI SPORT remapped and the power delivery was smooth. Had no problems until i returned the car. I had ST3 from Chip and Spin.
I give it full marks for DSG remap

dieseljames
27-04-2009, 07:37 PM
PS whats ST3 ?

Its a self-tuning setup by Chip n Spin - http://www.chip-n-spin.co.uk/st3.html Basically you can plug the module in whenever you want and swap between programmes.

motechmike
29-04-2009, 08:46 AM
We re-map so many car's with DSG from Auti TT's 3.2 with trubo kits on to new car's at the main dealers. The DSG box is fine very strong.... As for the shif pattens this will not change.. They can be but they need the DSG ECU re-mapped too. The same as if you wanted to up the rev limet too.. This can only be done on the DSG ECU..

Hope that helps

Thanks Mike