PDA

View Full Version : re Fast Idle persists after TBA etc Polo 1.0l

patrickLL
23-04-2009, 02:10 PM
re Fast Idle persists after TBA etc Polo 1.0
Hello Forum Members -I am new here so this is 1st Post re POLO - fast idle DTC 00533. I have been helping a freind out who has a workshop repair business and we have come up against a brick wall. I am hoping someone maybe has a solution other than Hari Kari because he have done practicaly everything recomended and cant get the revs down below 1500rpm (Other than rotating distributor towards its maximum advanced timing position and can get it down to 850 rpm)
Vehicle is a Polo 1 Litre - 999cc Multi injection R reg 97/97
engine # AER

ORIGINAL PROBLEM
Occasional stallling PLUS Oil leak via distributer shaft

ACTIONS
New Distributor installed
Removed throttle body cleaned with carb cleaner

NEW PROBLEM
Fast idle even after performing TBA (Throttle Body Alignment
with VagCom/Rosstech Software)

Throttle Body replacement No1 (non genuine recon unit)

00533 - Idle Speed Regulation
09-00 - Adaptation Limit Surpassed
DTC's cleared TBA performed via block 098 etc
No Difference-same fault code
#
Throttle Body replacement No 2 ( genuine unit)
After checking for vacuum leaks it was decided to replace TB with VW Genuine because apparantly there was a fault with early throttle bodies on this model so it was possible that the recon' was performed on a faulty unit
New fault code appeared:
01087 - Basic Setting Not Performed
16-10 - Signal Outside Specifications - Intermittent
00533 - Idle Speed Regulation
09-00 - Adaptation Limit Surpassed
#
Additional Tests and Replaced Components
Lambda sensor new
spark plugs new
New Vacuum tubes for inlet maniold to pressure reg plus
inlet manifold to air cleaner
No other tubes visible to be replaced on this model.
(He tells that mass air flow meter is incorporated within throttle body)
Test fuel pressure regulator - tested by substitution from other working Polo ( but 1.4) - NO DIFFERENCE

Prayed to Great Polo God...NO DIFFERENCE

Other Considerations and Q's
Engine starts from cold but will sometimes will not start afterwards - took spark plug out and it was wet... flooding suggests another related problem/faulty component ?
He is most reluctance to replace manifold seals because of hours and costs already incurred plus apart from occasional stalling, engine was running sweetly before it came into workshop.
Q's. in order of priority:
1 Anybody Any Ideas On Solution.:1zhelp:

2.Does anybody have a list of functions relating to measuring block addresses for this Polo.e.g. for timing rpm etc There seemed to be nothing after 001-9 (unlike on my Audi A4).So I gave up when I scrolled up towards 020, but I was told by 'Gendan' that they can be positioned at odd intervals on some older vehicles. eg TBA for 'cable throttle' polos is measuring block 098.

3. It seems I cannot access live data on this Polo like I can on my Audi A4 tdi. Thinking I am missing something?

4 Also when I did a complete scan and it comes to air bags it asks me to switch of ignition to avoid damage and after another message to switch on again ...from my memory that doesent happen on my Audi

Thanks in Advance...PATrickLL:beerchug: