PDA

View Full Version : Washer fluid into car

Sky
25-03-2007, 11:12 PM
2003 A4 Avant Sport. Water from the rear windscreen washer system is leaking into the car. It appears over the top of the amplifier in the rear offside quadrant and also fills up the rear hatch. I have pulled the drain plugs out of the rear door and about a pint of washer fluid came out, the fluid getting into the interior is finding its way out at the rear of the wheel arch. Having concluded that I have a leak somewhere has anyone else out there had this problem and know of a quick fix before I strip the back end out?

RGDS to all.

Sky :1zhelp:

SoulTaxi
26-03-2007, 01:14 AM
Hi mate, I've had a similar prob on my A4 Avant.. My rear washer jet was blocked and washer fluid was collecting in the inner trim on the tailgate.. Is your washer working at all? Might be worth getting a needle and trying to unblock the jet, then put a bit of water in the bottle and see if it cures it?? .. I think removing the trim on the tailgate is a fairly easy job if yer jet's not blocked..Would be well worth checkin for blockage before undoing anything Hope this helps and good luck with sorting yer prob..:beerchug:

Sky
26-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Thank Soul. One of the jets was blocked. Managed to clear it as you suggested but water is still coming in. Looking at the quantities involved I'm suspecting a split pipe, possibly in two places. Shall keep you informed as to the result.

SoulTaxi
26-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah keep us informed mate..Soz unblocking didn't sort your prob.. I think taking the trim out the back isn't such a bad job, a few screws and a bit of leverage..! Though someone in the know who's done this before might correct me on this.. But i'm sure it's a cheap DIY fix without goin to a ******* or garage!! :D