PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

Ozram
23-04-2009, 09:31 AM
I ordered my 118 TSI last Saturday. The dealer rang me today about delivery times with 3 options.

1 Pick another colour.
2 Pay approximately $3,100 (cost price they claim) extra for one that has my options in my colour but also has park assist & sunroof (Retail $3300).
3 Wait 3-4 months for delivery of my original order.

I don't particularly need the sunroof & park assist, but on the other hand I don't want to wait 4 or more months if I can help it.

Should I haggle for a (further) discount on option 2, say $500 or get them to add window tint etc? They may just tell me I'm stuck with option 3 http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/images/smilies/frown.gif

No.1 is not an option I will consider.

Any thoughts?

CharlesCourtney
23-04-2009, 10:40 AM
My advice is never to compromise on a car order - have been there - got the t-shirt ! and regretted it !

Probably best to try option 2 but perhaps take the line with the dealer that you are happy to wait but if they want to make you a better offer on the park assist & sunroof you may consider it. Can't think the dealer is inundated with cutomers wanting to buy new cars if the UK is anything to go by.

But get yourself in the mind set to wait - I had to wait 8 months for my order last year !

macc70
23-04-2009, 11:10 AM
I think the dealer is showing a willingness to make a deal I would haggle for a better deal on option 2 GOOD LUCK:biglaugh: