PDA

View Full Version : S3 Bumpers !

LawrenceA3
23-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone,
Just bought a 3dr 1.8t Quattro A3 and have been thinking of putting some S3 bumpers on it.
Do they fit though ???? That is the question !?:confused:
I know the S3 has larger wheel arches, so was worried the bumpers might stick out a bit at the sides ?

Anyone out there done this mod ? Please let me know. Cheers
Wanted
Also, I'm after a set of S3 springs ( std ) if anyone has some I would love to know !

Huge thanks
Lawrence

varicosewayne
27-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi, just brought 2001 quattro and i'm looking to do the s3 bumper mod too. but i'm going to put coilovers on to get it sitting nice.

Sorry I havn't got any info for you, but was wondering if you found out elsewhere?

LawrenceA3
28-04-2009, 01:52 AM
Cheers for reply. I didnt get the Quattro in the end cos the garage where rouges BUT I found an awesome 1.8t which is no outside my home :D
I do intend to put my S3 bumpers on it and some people say you can and others say you cant so I guess I will find out on thursday !!! I also got a set of S3 springs just to get it down on the 18" rims. Looking forward to it being sorted. Let me know how you get on with yours.
Ta daa !

varicosewayne
28-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Shame about the quattro, been having some serious fun working out how to drive the 4x4! up to my old golf mk2.

Where did you get the bumpers?

LawrenceA3
28-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi, I got my bumpers of ebay. They are already silver which is great cos my car's silver. That said if they dont fit that great I will be putting them back on ebay !! Going to try to fit them on Thurs.
I will let you know either way how it all went. If it dont work I will try to find some Quattro bumpers as they look better than the 1.8 T sport which is what Ive got now. Ive just put some 18" rs4 alloys on ebay if your interested ? I bought them for the Quattro I was going to get but then bought a 1.8T and it already had a set on. Result !!
Would like a Leather interior now though !
cheers
Lawrence

varicosewayne
30-04-2009, 05:04 PM
I didn't think the quattro bumpers were any different to the 1.8t.
what sort of money do you want for the wheels? was thinking of getting rs8's but rs4's are nice too.

Don't think i'm going to get too carried away modifing the body now, just coilovers and wheels. going to get an s3 then my insurance ends on this one!