PDA

View Full Version : Connectiing amp

badade 1.8t
22-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Just wondering what would be the place to run power cable to battery from my amp, I removed the plastic cover that sits on top of the battery and there is not much place where you could run through, any one can help me with best place for it??? Car is Passat B5 2003

Thanks

SKINNYSEAND
23-04-2009, 07:33 PM
The best thing to do is to run the power cable through one of the openings that are already in the firewall. look carefully and you will see where the loom goes in or where the ac pipes go in. When you get into the cabin you need to lift the plastic trim where the door sills are and run the wire along there to the bood to power your amp. Remember to run the RCA cable and the remote cable from the cd radio at the same time. try to run the RCA cable on opposite side of the car to where the power cable runs otherwise you might get feedback coming through your sound system.

badade 1.8t
26-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the info would the wire go inside to the cabin on the right hand side of the car or left because I can see some sort of cable go in to some sort of black box, I had a look in the box and have like silver box maybe that would be the car ECU or somethink and didn't want to take this apart.

cazyp
26-04-2009, 06:23 PM
You want to find where the wires go through the bulk head into the car on the passenger side. Ignore the box (ccm) that you found-just don't disturb it too much.

Run the cable under the plastic trim along the passenger side to the boot. Leave the trim up as remember you'll be running speaker wires back. Have fun..:D

Word of warning-car electrics can be dangerous and cause fires: Do not trap the cable. Do not nick or damage the cable. Make sure where the cable passes over metal or a sharp area it cannot rub. I have always fitted an in-line fuse to prevent a short and the inevitable fire should the worst happen.

SKINNYSEAND
27-04-2009, 06:04 AM
That word of warning is quite important. If you are not confident doing it get someone experienced to do it.