PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake Issue with positive result

forge197
22-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Whilst up in Scotland my Passat decided it was time for the handbrake switch and sensor to stop. Which resulted in constant pinging and the handbrake to no longer work.

Fortunatley the dealers at Newton Stewart who didn't have stock pointed us to Bradfords at Dumfries whom had the part and could fit the car in the next day. So all sorted in a very quick time.

Thought I'd share a happy dealer story :)

johnloaderuk
22-04-2009, 05:11 PM
I had a similar story where I've never really been that impressed with my dealer in the south west, but during a trip up country one of my headlight bulbs went, so I popped into a VW dealership in Nuneaton as I was passing - Listers I think.

I was dealt with as soon as I walked in the door, told them the problem, they sat me down and took my keys, a hot coffee then turned up, ten minutes later they said it was fixed.

Can't ask for more than that.

I think (hope !) most dealers are pretty good, but as always you only tend to get the gripes, so it's nice to have a positive thread on here.

forge197
22-04-2009, 05:14 PM
It certainly was a refreshing change to "yes we can look at it will be in 7 days time" !!

jonsey24
22-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Was that done within warranty

forge197
22-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes it was done under warranty but at 52k on the clock you have do wonder if some of this stuff is "meant" to go wrong to encourage an extension :)

Do you think I might have had a different level of care if it wasn't?

Guess it depends on the labour rate charged to VW against the public price.