PDA

View Full Version : polo bluemotion wheels

marsha
21-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Hey Guys,

Im new to the vw scene, but Ive got a 2008 polo bluemotion. Im aware that most VAG wheels fit other models, but my question is will golf mk4/5 wheels fit my polo. My polo is 5 stud, but ive no idea on any ofsets unfortunately

thanks

paul b
21-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey Guys,

Im new to the vw scene, but Ive got a 2008 polo bluemotion. Im aware that most VAG wheels fit other models, but my question is will golf mk4/5 wheels fit my polo. My polo is 5 stud, but ive no idea on any ofsets unfortunately

thanks
Golf Mk4 and Mk5 alloys are different, you can fit one of them but not both.

You will need wheels with a 5x112 PCD (stud pattern), like a Mk5 Golf has, Mk4s don't, they have 5x110 and wouldn't fit.

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find the offset for the wheels.

marsha
21-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Golf Mk4 and Mk5 alloys are different, you can fit one of them but not both.

You will need wheels with a 5x112 PCD (stud pattern), like a Mk5 Golf has, Mk4s don't, they have 5x110 and wouldn't fit.

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find the offset for the wheels.

Thanks for that Paul. What you say is interesting as ive been looking at getting either 17" or 18" standard monza alloys from the mk5 gti, and was wondering if they would be fine.

You have give me something to work from tho :p

zf44
23-04-2009, 08:45 PM
A word of caution, my colleague changed the alloys to his Polo Bluemotion, it messed up the handling as well as the mpg. He had to change back to the original set.

The Roots
25-04-2009, 09:24 AM
i have the 53 plate (4 circle head lights) version of the polo......i changed my wheels to alloys and my stud pattern is 5/110. So i coundt imagine they changed it again....

all previous polos to mine were 4 stud, they're now using 5......but why do they keep changing the stud pattern, there hard enough to find wheels for as it is????